What Do You Use To Organise Your Dog Stuff?

heroeswit

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my dog stuff used to be everywhere... in every room of the house and outside, you'd find something dog related.

I recently purchased a couple of large plastic containers and have some existing ones as well... i have a small one for all first aid/maintenance (ear cleaning etc). Next size up is for all grooming related products - shampoos, other grooming products which I mostly don't use now i dont show the setters

Then I have two very large containers... one filled with special show catalogues, the last few canine news journals, ribbons, and a billion and one collars and leads.

The other container isn't filled yet but its for all the whelping gear.

I have a grooming box which has brushes, combs, scissors etc in it. again not that well used anymore as I don't show groom the setters.

I have a regular show bag which has a couple of products in it for showing a weimaraner (showleads, number holder and enough room for food and other crap that ends up in there)

All of Kyojin's leashes are hung up in the entry room on a hook. The majority of his toys (when they're not scattered all through the house, or in the backyard) are stacked up in a kitty litter tray in the entry room. Any sprays/medications etc are in a plastic crate in the laundry, his other bits and pieces are in a big cardboard box on the dryer, and all of his blankets and towels are on their own shelf in the linen cupboard.

My show leads I keep in change bags that you can get from the bank (mostly to keep them clean and untangled)

Walking collars and leads are hung up.

Each of my dogs has a folder which contains their vet records and papers and any show awards etc and their health testing papers.

Grooming supplies are in a drawer

food fills the freezer and food fills the pantry and food fills the fridge.... :o

My show leads I keep in change bags that you can get from the bank (mostly to keep them clean and untangled)

Walking collars and leads are hung up.

Each of my dogs has a folder which contains their vet records and papers and any show awards etc and their health testing papers.

Grooming supplies are in a drawer

food fills the freezer and food fills the pantry and food fills the fridge.... :o

Ah yea, I forgot that my animals all have a folder each too

I have a four drawer filing cabinet in my laundry for all my dog gear. Two drawers have towels in them, one has leads & bits & pieces, one has bags & soft eskys. I was lucky to get it for free when we were moving offices at work. It fits neatly in the corner and you can close the drawers and all is nice & tidy - previously I had a four tiered set of shelves on wheels which just got so untidy.

Monte's toys are in boxes on wheels, one upstairs (when not scattered from one end of the house to the other), one in the garage. There's another box full of toys in the cupboard in the garage along with his grooming stuff, old towels etc. Dry food is also downstairs in a big container.

He has a shelf to himself in the linen cupboard, and I use cheap storage baskets that separate out the travel stuff in one (so leads, harnesses, walking belt etc) along with his flea and tick stuff, the other one has his treats in it. He has also a spot in the filing drawer for his vet stuff and other important documents.

We're going away this weekend, and thank goodness for having stuff organised! Though his "suitcase" has more stuff in it then mine! :o

http://shop.jollie.com.au/p/1186511/yep-yu...iser-flare.html

I like these from Jollie for keeping things organised.

Oh those are great! :o Perfect for small houses! I will have to get one.

I'm so jealous of all of you with cupboards and even rooms (!) for your dog stuff.

I have one little basket full of doggy crap stuffed into the laundry cupboard, and her leads and doggy bags are in the (purely decorative) front fireplace.

Toys? Everywhere!! Our floor is constantly littered with shoes and squeaky balls- Honey must always be transporting something in her mouth from one room to the next.

That's why I like it! Typical bungalow - has no storage!

I still have to get my organiser - I gave one previously as a gift and now need to get myself one.

At the moment I have 2 of those Ikea cubes in the corner of the lounge with toys in them, the tall cupboard in the kitchen has the tin of dog food (holds 15kg), treat containers (I have recycled the Jollie tins I've bought) on the kitchen window ledge, basket of meds in the kitchen cupboard, a big shelf in the laundry which has dog towels and shampoos, lotions and potions and basket in the hall table which has the poo bag stash and collars - nail clippers *should* be here too but I keep misplacing them, hook outside on the veranda has leads and collar and drawer in the built in has his coats and big tub on wheels in the built in has blankets, rugs etc :D :)

Guest Clover

A basket on the bookcase in the lounge room for everyday collars and leads, a backpack for their Flyball/ going away stuff, food is in a big bin, crates are just about to be set up for the Winter break so they can sleep in them & toys are in a little wheelie bin.

Edited by Clover

We have two wooden chests - one for leads,harnesses,travel bowls, life jackets & other kit and the other for bedding, towels,bed covers etc. Plus a closed cupboard for medicines and first aid kit. We also have what I think maybe the world's most expensive lead hanger. LOL. I did get in a teeny bit of trouble for buying this, but I think it is absolutely beautiful - not my fault if it ends up with dog leads hanging from it - it is so handy.

post-35855-1303979281_thumb.jpg

TLC, I remember the picture of all of your collars and leads lined up, it certainly did look like a doggy boutique shop. Lucky pooches yours.

They sure are! Wish I could find the other thread, there were some good shots on there. I got some of those shoe/clothes hanging things from Bunnings and keep blankets rolled up in them, they are a great way to keep towels blankets neat and tidy.

Four large dogs = a lot of equipment!

Treco Store Smart shed for all the big items like crates and K9 Carriers etc.

Storesmartshed.jpg

Stable Master Feed Storage bin for all the food and treats because it's water tight and vermin proof.

StableMasterfeedstoragecontainer.jpg

3M hooks for hanging daily use equipment

traininggear.jpg

An old wheelbarrow handle and some coathangar wire to store leads, coats, collars etc

leadsandcollars.jpg

Brownbuilt shelving unit to store everything else. The column of drawers next to the shelf are great because they are on castors and you can add to them as required. The bin holds a large bag of biscuits and we put it on wheeled plant pot base so it's easier to move about.

dogequipment.jpg

Wow Dxenion, that is seriously well organised - that feed bin looks great. I must investigate to see if there is a slightly smaller version,our bin is on the way out I fear.

I had trouble with mould on the lifejackets if we hung them outside anyone got any tips for storing them?

Ummmmm I have a dog room. It was meant to be a study, but has turned into a storage area for leads, harnesses, flyball boxes and grooming equipment lol. It is a complete mess, but I figure if I am only searching for everything in one room it cant be too bad.

Wow Dxenion, that is seriously well organised - that feed bin looks great. I must investigate to see if there is a slightly smaller version,our bin is on the way out I fear.

I had trouble with mould on the lifejackets if we hung them outside anyone got any tips for storing them?

This is where we got our bin from. We customised ours with 4 braked castors and 2 heavy duty dividers.

We fashioned a wire coathangar to the shape of the jacket (sort of like a shaped wooden suit jacket hangar). Until it's dry, we hang it in the laundry and then transfer it to the garage until we need it. We never hang it outside because of UV and bird dropping damage.