Nail/claw Clippers

We have a cheap (<$10) pair of nail/claw clippers that we bought when we got Kuma. They've now (understandably) crapped out...

Happy to pay for good ones, can anyone recommend a brand?

Edited by KumaAkita

Thanks muchly everyone! I'll go a-huntin' for some new clippers. Poor Kuma's nails are shredded by our crapped out ones, so I'll have to take him on a gentle stroll around the neighbourhood footpaths to wear them down a bit... he won't stay still enough for me to file them!

Champs Dad - I'm pretty sure Kuma would run a mile if I used a "machine" on him. He submits to the torture of nail clipping, but I think the next step would be pushing our friendship too far! :o But thanks anyway!

Guest Panzer Attack!

I always buy a pair of GripSoft for work, even when I'm supplied a different brand. They are so nice in the hand and so easy to use :o

E x

Brand really doesnt matter a lot as long as you get the scissor style rather than the guillotine style. I like the Grip Soft ones personally.

shearmagic_nailclippers.jpg

gripsoftnailclipmed.jpg

Genuine question - Is there a problem with the guillotine style ones?

I find the guillotine ones tend to crush the nail more and animals seem to have a much lower tolerance for it... thats just me.. perhaps I just suck at using them! Using the other style I find is a much nicer cut, easier to see where you are cutting too.

I actually just bought a cheap brand at Kmart... (petlife?) I've found them quite good at work - still nice and sharp after plenty of nail trims! I wasted money buying a tiny set for the ferrets which went blunt in no time at all.

I have Sheer Magic which are great but if you can get hold of them the Millers Forge are fantastic, they are small but very sharp and don't drag on the nail when you clip. Being so small they look like they won't do the job but far from it. I highly recommend these. I think you might only be able to get them from the States but are well worth looking into. I use them on my bulldogs nails with the greatest of ease.

i payed about $12-15 for my nail clippers, they look identical to the sheer magic ones but the screws holding mine together have come loose so the blades don't line up perfectly creating a uneven cut i noticed, i mean they have had a beating for a year or so, i think if you have the money buy a pair that is reputable and not from petshop with the brands that mass produce everything i think mine are like the "kramer" or something, they were good for the first few months and have done the job but they have worn very quickly.

Edited by BMAK