Litters Due In July

Missymoo

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I guess it's our turn next?

oh where oh where are those cute little visla puppies................. how far off to you think you are jeth?? am so excited for you all

Buggered if I know.... like with everything, she will do it whenever she pleases! :laugh:

Sorry Jerojath! I forgot the Vislas were due before the puglets. It must be that huge pug belly that's stuck in my mind!!

Hopefully you don't have another out-on-the-grass delivery!! :laugh:

hows your girl coming along alyosha?? with that fernugreek i mixed it in with some mince meat & a little water & hand feed her it... thats the only way brittany will have it.. but the funny thing is i reckon it smells like curry lol & my pups do too lol.... i have had to top up my babies my smallest is 284grams & biggest is 515grams (his not needing a top up) lol.......... i wasnt gonna do it but looking at maybe keeping a girl she is beautifully marked & such a dark rich blenmeim, i will see what she is like at 8 weeks if so will have to move one of my tri girls on. i need a bigger back yard lol

HELP!! Mia doesn't want to stay with the pups and is getting quite upset when we leave her. Should we ignore her or stay with her. I HATE hearing her so upset!

I would definitely stay with her... very important that she stay with the pups.

Is this her maiden? If so, it can take a time for her to become comfortable with them.

Once she sleeps you can leave, and she'll soon realise she doesn't need you there.

Oii :provoke: Missymoo you have not put me in the July list. Due 31st.

Saw Rosie today and she has blossemed. Pics when I can get them off the camera.

I also noticed Jetpoint and SBT101 aren't on post #1 either.... maybe others too?

OMG I think the crisis is averted!!! She kept ducking behind the curtain into the laundry and trying to take pups there! So...we rigged up sheets into a tent over the whelping box - she dove right in, gathered up her pups and they have all promptly gone to sleep, she didn't even look when we left the room. Fingers crossed that's done the trick- all she wanted was a den!!

OMG I think the crisis is averted!!! She kept ducking behind the curtain into the laundry and trying to take pups there! So...we rigged up sheets into a tent over the whelping box - she dove right in, gathered up her pups and they have all promptly gone to sleep, she didn't even look when we left the room. Fingers crossed that's done the trick- all she wanted was a den!!

They're funny aren't they? Glad she's happy now!

I had a bitch who used to take a pup to the sofa... feed it... then return it to the whelping box and collect another. She would feed the entire litter this way daily unless I intervened and made her stay in her box!

It was fascinating to watch. I think she just felt overwhelmed with puppies in the box and couldn't relax, but was happy to feed them, so long as she could do it one at a time. :)

Well done on your den construction Jetpoint!! Talk about saving the day!

hows your girl coming along alyosha?? with that fernugreek i mixed it in with some mince meat & a little water & hand feed her it... thats the only way brittany will have it.. but the funny thing is i reckon it smells like curry lol & my pups do too lol.... i have had to top up my babies my smallest is 284grams & biggest is 515grams (his not needing a top up) lol.......... i wasnt gonna do it but looking at maybe keeping a girl she is beautifully marked & such a dark rich blenmeim, i will see what she is like at 8 weeks if so will have to move one of my tri girls on. i need a bigger back yard lol

She's getting there. Milk arriving has been a slow process, but so has the passing of placentas so I shouldn't complain. She's steadily improving now with the fenugreek. She won't touch it in food although she seems to find the smell exciting. But if I make it into tea and then use that to mix with her milk-replacer powder - she goes nuts for it.

I'm not topping up pups after every feed now, but will still top up the smaller ones. Although they're starting to catch up!

This is one of the two smallest boys with one of the biggest today:

IMG_5576.jpg

I know what you mean about the big backyard! We were always hopng for a bitch from this litter - and we have lovely girls. But I knew I'd be tempted to keep a really nice boy as well... And yep, I'm tempted alright, don't think he'll be going anywhere. But two more borzoi, well they're easy to fit in... :D

Congrats to all the new mums and babies - look forward to pics as they all grow up.

We have 8 days to go here. Boots is doing well, puppies have dropped and moved back and Boots is on 4 meals a day atm as she can only eat small amounts. Just hoping she holds them in a little longer :-)