Litters Due In July

Missymoo

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm like you Jetpoint, not super confident on evaluation, and will be enlisting trusted help. But I did definitely like some pups when they were wet - made some notes in my whelping notes...

I'll be interested to see how they turns out! We are keeping two - we always wanted a girl from this litter, but knew we'd be tempted by a special boy... Am just hoping my instinct is right and he's as special as I hope!!

Awww, gorgeous bubba's :thumbsup:

I didn't think it was possible to get a sweat up in winter but I have just managed to while cleaning walls. OMG, they were bloody disgusting :banghead: . They have gone from a icky light brown colour to a off white/light cream colour. You wait till the kids come home.

Marinapoint she is just beautiful!!! We had a pretty big belly and had 9, only 7 made it but there are a couple of big heffers in there so they probably contributed to the bulk! Your girl looks pretty similar to mine though so maybe 9-10?

LOL I'm worried shes trying to break our record here! Our last litter had 12 (different bitch). So perhaps Aida thinks shed like to top all of those preceeding here!! I'm preparing for a football team... Just in case!

Thankyou :) I think shes rather special too. Even though shes lost her gorgeous show outline - shes still got that loving nature. Can't beat having her around the house :)

Off our food here tonight again...

but didn't go back for it later this time!

She is sleeping soundly now, but has been very restless... up, down... up, down... turn around... up, down...

Well she is around 1 day over so you could be in for a long night. ;) ;)

Just a quick question as Willow is HUGE poor darling and has 12 days left to go. She is on 4 meals and has been for a week now but she is struggling to fit in food. Do you guys leave food down with a bitch when she gets to this point? It is pre swollen so she cant over stuff and then swell with a big tummy ache. She also sleeps nearly all day (or lays down all day). I am walking her very slowly around the block once a day.

We have an xray this Thursday scheduled but I seriously doubt it will tell us much except there are alot there.

Cheers and Congrats on the new babies they look very big and healthy.

Oh dear - Mia developed diarrhea early this morning after her first bowel movement, a couple of episodes this morning since - poor girl. I let her have rolled oats that had a little milk in them yesterday as it was all she was interested in at the time. she's had some before but in hindsight prob wasn't the best move :-( she still looks well and doesn't appear dehydrated and the pups are full and happy, put a call in to the vet who says it was prob the oats and to watch her and the pups for a few hours and if she drops off or I'm worried then bring her in for a check up. You live you learn I guess...

Jetpoint I wouldn't be overly concerned about Mia's diarrhoea.... as you say, just ensure she is well hydrated.

No puppies here yet... after a restless evening Tarni slept through the night and refuses to get out of bed this morning.

I'm not at all concerned, as she may not even be 'late'... she was mated over a period of some days so may not even be 'due' until Wednesday/Thursday. :)

I'm glad she didn't decide to whelp last night as we had a power-failure and thus, lost all lights and heating; not ideal conditions for a trouble-free whelping!

Ah jerojath! Not in the dark! Fingers crossed she does something for you soon. Spoke to another breeder who said that bitches sometimes get loose anyway from toileting the pups. She seems ok so I'm hoping all will go well from here.

Ah jerojath! Not in the dark! Fingers crossed she does something for you soon. Spoke to another breeder who said that bitches sometimes get loose anyway from toileting the pups. She seems ok so I'm hoping all will go well from here.

I'm glad she didn't decide to whelp last night as we had a power-failure and thus, lost all lights and heating; not ideal conditions for a trouble-free whelping!

Oh my gawd, no! Doesn't even bear thinking about, that would just be a nightmare!

Poor Mia, I'm sure she will bounce back Jetpoint :) Do you have any electrolytes that you could put into her water? We always have Vytrate sachets in the cupboard - it's just wonderful for keeping them hydrated when they have a crook tummy.

Underfoot our girl was exactly as you describe for the last two weeks of her pregnancy. She was so very huge and uncomfortable. She would want things and then not want them - to walk around, to eat, to lie down. She just wasn't feeling good at all. Two days before she actually whelped I thought she wsa starting, she had a restless panting night. But the belly shifted, got softer and lower. She was much more comfortable from then on.

I was leaving food with her to pick at, so she could have a mouthful here and there. It seemed to suit her better and she held condition well.

We had 12. Good luck!!

Underfoot, we just left food out for Mia all the time and she ate when she wanted. She usually does this anyone because she only eats what she needs and will leave the rest for when she's hungry again - no danger of this one getting overweight!

I have had bikkies down for Cynda for the last few weeks but she isn't touching them. I am still hand feeding her around 4meals a day. She has already got me wrapped around her paws I tell ya :laugh: She is more enthused with eating and even more when I have Kimba sitting right next to me :D