Litters Due In July

Missymoo

with 7 days to go poor Willow has refused her breakfast and looks like she is going to explode. Though no temp drop yet her Vulva is ready so crossed fingers she holds another 1 or 2 days to get the pups a little bigger. Going to try the cooked chopped chicken and see if she will eat this.

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with 7 days to go poor Willow has refused her breakfast and looks like she is going to explode. Though no temp drop yet her Vulva is ready so crossed fingers she holds another 1 or 2 days to get the pups a little bigger. Going to try the cooked chopped chicken and see if she will eat this.

Sounds like they're not far off now!

I shall check in when I can for good news.... :)

Do you know the largest litter for a Pug to have had ?

I know of 2 litters of 9 but only 6 survived in one and 4 in the other.

Hopefully all finished here. 8 babies, 4M and 4F ranging from 90grmas to 150grams. All happy and Healthy. Mum and babies all doing well.

post-5267-0-46952100-1310594128_thumb.jpg

Crikey what a huge litter...do you put your bitches on their back to feed or do they do that themselves? :)

Wow! Cynda is filling out like Feonix!! Maybe 'tis the season for large litters?? :D

We still have all 12 going strong - touch wood of course! - and growing like weeds. Will post a pic later. One of our runts has caught up, the other is not far behind. :thumbsup:

Edited by Alyosha

Wow! Cynda is filling out like Feonix!! Maybe 'tis the season for large litters?? :D

Shhhhhh! We're only having 6! That's what I've ordered from Feonix - 3 of each. That's how it works, isn't it??

The babies are all moving around now, we have the whole aliens in the belly thing happening :laugh::thumbsup:

Cynda is looking great! I'm so glad I don't have the problem of the bitch going off her food though, that would be so frustrating! We have yet to have a girl who wasn't a pig throughout her whole pregnancy.

How did Willow go with the chicken, underfoot?

Looking forward to Borzoi baby photos :)

Oh wouldn't life be so much easier if she would eat on her own :mad At least she is still eating which is the main thing atm

SHe is not as big as with her last litter and she had 7 then so we will see. I have said 6, 2 of my friends have said 4 and 5 so we will just have to wait and see. I bet this is going to be the longest 2 weeks eva :(

Oh wouldn't life be so much easier if she would eat on her own :mad At least she is still eating which is the main thing atm

SHe is not as big as with her last litter and she had 7 then so we will see. I have said 6, 2 of my friends have said 4 and 5 so we will just have to wait and see. I bet this is going to be the longest 2 weeks eva :(

I am crossing fingers all goes well for you.

Well we are still waiting today is day 62.

I have only ever had one other litter born after day 62 and they were born on there due date.

So how long after day 63 can they go and it is ok ??? :confused:

I did see them tie on the Sunday and on the Tuesday so I guess she could still have two dats to go.

This waiting is getting hard.

ZZZ Top, i think it is a few days after so I have heard but dont quote me on that. Hope she comes soon and has a straight forward easy whelp for you..

I have still got 2 weeks and already getting impatient. I think it is because I have had everything ready for ages, not all I can do is sit back and twiddle my thumbs for 2 weeks or maybe more if she took on the second tie which would take us into August :(

Shhhhhh! We're only having 6! That's what I've ordered from Feonix - 3 of each. That's how it works, isn't it??

That's right, keep telling yourself... :laugh: I distinctly ordered five as well, six at the most. I was most clear to Sonya on the subject... Well, 12 is close to 5 isn't it??? :laugh:

Photos coming, waiting for OH to fix some computer issues...

We bred our litter specifically hoping for a bitch. The first five born were boys... I was starting to panic a little!! :laugh: We did end up with three lovely girls... amongst the nine brothers... :eek:

Photos from today. These are our "small" six. Who are now nearly as big as the bog boys, and even the littlest two, the silver one on top, and the little red & white one, are powering ahead!

IMG_5704.jpg

And this close-up just 'cause I love the happy smile on the little boy on the right...

IMG_5708.jpg

We bred our litter specifically hoping for a bitch. The first five born were boys... I was starting to panic a little!! :laugh: We did end up with three lovely girls... amongst the nine brothers... :eek:

Photos from today. These are our "small" six. Who are now nearly as big as the bog boys, and even the littlest two, the silver one on top, and the little red & white one, are powering ahead!

IMG_5704.jpg

And this close-up just 'cause I love the happy smile on the little boy on the right...

IMG_5708.jpg

They are just gorgeous. I love the puppy smell.

Well it has started and it has been a big night and not finshed yet. :thumbsup:

So far 1 girl and 3 boys more to come 6 hours so far 1 trip to the vets at 4am no sleep for 24 hours.

Wohoo!! my thoughts are with you. Good Luck.

ZZZ top, congratulations on your new arrivals so far. Heres hopinh the rest come out smoothly :crossfingers:

I slept in the whelping room with Cynda again last night. But I had her heat lamp on this time, as was quite cool and she isn't to fussed on having her jacket on any more. So I had to deal with Cynda in her self grooming mode, the bright light and the most awefulest, smelliest farts you could ever imagine, I have had no sleep what so ever :( Oh I am not looking forward to when I have to sleep in here all the time :banghead:

Does anyone know if our girls goes through the 'Braxton Hix' like we do. Cynda has been panting a little on and off during the day, nothing to worry about, I have just notied her doing over the last cover of days, and it is quite cold here so definately not the weather..

Hooray zzz top!! Congrats on your new arrivals, an I hope is all still going well. :thumbsup:

Ours seem to have a permanent "milk drunk" look!! :laugh: Our littlest boy opened his eyes last night!! The very first one to do so. Such a cutie.

I haven't heard of Braxton Hicks in dogs, but I can't see why not? We had restlessness and bouts of panting for almost a week before delivery, but hard to tell with our girl whether she was just hot as she gets warm so very easily, and that big belly was heating her up. Would be interesting to know how common it is - Cynda has two weeks to go doesn't she?