Ccrates

Red Fox

We got a crate from them recently and it is very good. They've made some nice improvements. :thumbsup:

I think they had a few teething problems when the business forst changed hands. :(

Edited by Keshwar

• 2 years later...

I bought one last year - delivered without the tray which I'm still waiting on. Every week she promises but doesn't deliver. I'm not the only one waiting. Doesn't mind making you pay up front though.

I had to wait 4 months for my trolley to arrive two years ago. Build quality was crap. service even worse. Would not recommend them in a pink fit

I had one of the old original C-Crates, which was fantastic, and was looking at getting another. However, several Agility friends have bought new C-Crates recently and are rather unhappy with the poor quality.

Yes, similar experience here and seems things have not improved?

We bought an AP Crate from the new owners in mid 2011 and it was not a positive experience. Poor quality, uneven chunky welds, when set up the panels are at angles to one another when they should be parallel making it a PITA to fold up and down. Also arrived with a crack in the bar below the side gate. A replacement was promised but (after months of contact) never arrived. Over time several more welds have broken on the side gate as well.

I would be interested to know if anyone has managed to get their money back or a decent replacement?

I had chunky welds. A school student studying metal work could do better welds than what was done by them. Of course there was an excuse for that.

I have has one of the gate welds at the top of the door broke apart and gashed open my hand while i was pushing it around. Did not bother contacting them after that.

They cannot take responsibility for their work and have an excuse for everything and plead hard done by. You would get a better response from talking to a brick wall.

At the time I bought mine, there were reports of others waiting up to 9 months and still nothing. And when they did turn up, the work was dodgy.

It has been cheaper and much easier and far less stress to take it to a local fabricator here and get them to fix all the problems than deal back with C Crates.

The crate is still poor compared to my old original.

I would be contacting consumer affairs and get a refund. From what has been described the crates you have received are clearly not suited for their intended purpose, it should be pretty straight forward. Especially if the people above who have received poor products lodge complaints in a similar timeframe.

It has been cheaper and much easier and far less stress to take it to a local fabricator here and get them to fix all the problems than deal back with C Crates.

We're planning on doing the same as it's becoming dangerous. Do you mind if I ask roughly how much it cost to fix? (PM if preferred). I'd bin it but it's the only size crate that fits in the back of my car and is still big enough for the dogs.

I would be contacting consumer affairs and get a refund. From what has been described the crates you have received are clearly not suited for their intended purpose, it should be pretty straight forward. Especially if the people above who have received poor products lodge complaints in a similar timeframe.

Can't speak for others but I was led on for months with emails going backwards and forwards and promises of a replacement that was 'already being made'. Unfortunately I trusted them and waited for a crate that never arrived. Had I known then what I know now I would have taken it straight to consumer affairs and would advise others in this situation to do the same.

I don't think there is a limitation on when you can lodge a complaint - if you still have the email trail it will certainly help. Their stuff is not cheap. Either way it is up to you, this thread has helped me when I was looking for a crate a few days ago.

I don't think there is a limitation on when you can lodge a complaint - if you still have the email trail it will certainly help. Their stuff is not cheap. Either way it is up to you, this thread has helped me when I was looking for a crate a few days ago.

I will look into it but it has been over 2 years now... And yes, still have the emails. Replacement was 'being assembled' in Oct 2011. I'm still waiting

Yeah, do it mate, shonky operators like this shouldn't get away with substandard products and service when you paid hard earned money for it. Anyway, thanks again for the thread, I was actually looking at their crates a few days ago.

It cost me another $150 to fix where the bars has broken away at the top. Instill have the chunky welds on the fixed wheels. It's unsightly, but they are not broken. They had assembled it I think upside down or something on one end as well as the bottom catches on the swivel wheels when you try to fold it flat. My hubbie grinded away a bit on the top of the wheel bracket so it would close ages ago.

I still have the email chain and the diary records of phone calls to them. I was led on and promised the earth as well. I did get a c-pen as she promised however that was all wrong too so sold it.

The trolley is now in my grooming area being one very expensive crate.

In 2013 I put an order in for 4 secura pens & bases..... What a run around!! It took months & months for the order to be filled... Then they forgot one???????? OMG it was an endless effort on my part contacting them constantly for what I had paid for.... Never again!!! shame as it was a good business..