Dogzonline Community Quilt - Erny Not You Erny -

Steve

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone in contact with Erny... please let her know she is in my thoughts constantly... and heaps of powerful healing mojo is being sent her way...

Helen

She knows but she has a bit of a battle yet.

Ive only just seen this thread - have I got time to work on a square and send it off Monday? and if so could you please PM me your addy to send it to.

Love to Erny ...............very much in my thoughts.

I will consider any that arent here by today not coming.

I started looking at it seriously last week end but got held up with a broken leg on one kid and a broken arm on another.

Means I have no labourers so have to do stuff myself I wouldnt normally have to do.

Hoping to make a pretty big dent it it this week end.

Julie

I will consider any that arent here by today not coming.

I started looking at it seriously last week end but got held up with a broken leg on one kid and a broken arm on another.

Means I have no labourers so have to do stuff myself I wouldnt normally have to do.

Hoping to make a pretty big dent it it this week end.

Julie

Sorry Julie, I forgot to send fabric on, I have it here to send. Not sure on the size of it but it's a bundle of assorted fabrics for quilting, will send it later today or tomorrow. Hope its not too late however if so just put it aside for the next project. :o Strapped for time until later today.

Oooooh Steve, so sorry about the kids, not just one but two! :( Never a dull moment!

Hope my parcel arrived ok. Good luck with sewing it all together :)

Yep I got yours .

Having 8 kids often sees them working me over in tandem.

Its the same two kids this time as it was a couple of years ago.

One kid broke his arm at footy - hospital trip and he's at school - trips over the hose . Couldnt save himself with a broken arm so within 4 days of the first break he breaks his second arm. Couldnt even go to the toot , turn on a tap etc.

Hospital trip.

Then I have a bitch in whelp - looks like she may need a vet and I get a call from the school the second kid has had an accident.Come quick.

I put the dog in the car , picked up the kid and on the way to casualty stopped at the vet and asked her to please just watch and if a C section was needed to go ahead and I proceed to the hospital with the kid.

Hours later a call from the vet while we are still waiting at the hospital. Come and get the bitch Im going home. She has had a C section and has 8 puppies.

I ring my daughter "come and sit with the kid until I can pick up the dog" I pick up the dog - still zonked from the anesthetic and leave her in a crate with puppies in a box on a hot water bottle in the car while I go back to hospital to be with the kid.

Daugthers kids are running riot and Im going nuts so I tell her thanks - go home. Finally an hour later we get plastered up and when we came out to the car park you can hear the bitch yelling. She has come to and wants her puppies which have tipped the box over and are scattered all over the floor of the car. So Ive got an hour's drive to get home - its now been 8 hours since I left. Get home and have to get a bitch into a whelping box and make sure she is O.K. and will be good with puppies etc. then I find out that the kid with two broken arms is dying of thirst and hasnt had anything to eat and has weed all over the toot floor because his father forgot and fell asleep. The kid couldnt wake him up!

Another time I had 3 with their right arms broken at the same time. One fell off a swing at the park, one was with her friends family when they hit a roo and rolled the car and the other did one at skating all within 2 weeks of each other.

So it could be worse :rofl:

Steve, sorry but :rofl::rofl: at your story.

I thought my 5 kids were a handful! Never had that many broken limbs at once :laugh: With a big family there's always the next drama about to unfold, let alone your doggy family as well. You obviously have a very good sense of humour. :D

Steve, sorry but :rofl::rofl: at your story.

I thought my 5 kids were a handful! Never had that many broken limbs at once :laugh: With a big family there's always the next drama about to unfold, let alone your doggy family as well. You obviously have a very good sense of humour. :D

i am so sorry Steve... but i am rolling about splitting my sides laughing .. i do feel for you i really do but lordy it is funny reading about it all happening at once.. stay strong as there is probably more to come :D ..

hugs

helen

One thing anyway by the time the rotten kids come out of plaster I will be fitter. Ive lost my labourers.

Have a big job on for Pacers for the next two days so sewing is on hold again.

Im coming Judi. Never fear but I broke the sewing needle and have to drive 60 ks to get some new ones too.

Hi Steve,

Maybe the kids are doing this to get out of work :laugh: :laugh:

I would be very happy to get you some needles and post them to you express today. :) Just let me know what type. 60k's is a bit far to go!!

• 3 months later...