Car Seat Belt Harnesses

Bully

I broke the plastic clip on Pele's seat belt harness today. Silly me shut the door on it :mad For a while now I've been feeling uneasy about the plastic clips. Plastic clips on collars break quite easily and plastic gets brittle with age. What if the clip snapped in an accident :confused:

My question is, where can I get a car harness without the plastic clips, or one where the pressure is not on the plastic clips? Something like this one Pele had as a puppy but with padding around the chest in case of an accident and a seatbelt attachment would be ideal :)

PELE0847.jpg

Oh, and it has to be red :D

You could just buy a good quality, comfy harness with a broad chest plate, and just use it with a seat belt attachment. It's what I ended up doing, after realising that most 'car harnesses' are not designed to prevent injury if there is an accident.

Thanks :) I'm looking at the Black Dog page. I bought Pele a Black Dog tracking harness but it's awkward to adjust and I don't think is a good fit. They don't show a pic of the front on the webpage :(

Try here: http://waggle.com.au/harnesses-m5/dog-car-restraints-c7

The PetBuckle harness is crash tested and has no plastic buckles, it has a proper seatbelt clip instead.

The Roadie harness has no buckles at all and is also crash tested, not sure where to buy them from though?

http://www.ruffrider.com/

Or this one is similar to the pic you posted of puppy Pele :love: (and it's red).

http://www.worldforpets.com.au/products/product_detail.asp?ID=2789

My girl's harness clicks into the seat belt, but on a couple of occassions she has suddenly appeared in the front with us. :eek: She steps on the seat belt buckle which instantly releases her. I am not sure if she has worked it out & does it on purpose, but it is a bit of a worry. I can't connect it to the child SB bolt, as she spins & gets tangled in it.

I just bought a new car harness for Riley.

No plastic buckles, and its really padded too.

Its called a Solvit Vehicle Safety Harness

It doesn't plug into the seatbelt, it has a metal thing which you put around the seatbelt strap when its plugged in like normal. I found its better for less tangles.

post-4872-0-79368400-1307615289_thumb.jpg

It doesn't plug into the seatbelt, it has a metal thing which you put around the seatbelt strap when its plugged in like normal. I found its better for less tangles.

I like the look of that one! Can I ask where you bought it please?

I "think" Baby Dragon has a list of harnesses that have actually passed crash testing.

Here's the thread :)http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/188699-please-buckle-up-your-best-friend/page__p__4313221__hl__%22your+best+friend__fromsearch__1#entry4313221

A Roadie Elite might be a good option for you, although it doesn't have padding. The Roadie Basic has plastic buckles.

I like the look of that one! Can I ask where you bought it please?

I got it from one of my wholesalers. I thought they'd be easy to find, but just googled and couldn't see any (in Australia). If you wanted one, PM me and I can tag one on with my next dog toy order. From memory, Riley had a large and it was around the $20 - $25 mark.

I'm also interested...anyone can let me know where to get one locally? Any shops in Sydney stock em?

Ordered one online but just found out they need an extra couple of days to ship it in from overseas. :(

I bought a Black Dog car harness about 6 weeks ago and am very happy with it. We did a long trip, about 4,000Km in total, and Marlin was quite happy to step into it each day and rarely got tangled.:D The only time there was a problem was when my OH put it on upside down and she slid right out of it :) They do them in red as well.

:thanks: bianca.a and Baby Dragon :)

I'm off to order the Champion harness. Also ordering the Survivor Restraint strap for when I get my station wagon. Pele is a front seat girl, so might need the adjustable strap. The next car will have airbags so Pele will have to travel in the back. The "Goddess" will not be happy :(

What are everyones thoughts on the Ezydog Car Harnesses?

Is the car harness the same as their usual harness, but with a seat belt attachment?

I use the ezy dog harness to walk Riley, but I prefer a more padded one for use as a car harness.