Stressed To The Max

kelpiekaye

I have just got back from the vets with two dogs and one cat. They had to have their blood tests and treatments as they fly to NZ next week with Jetpets. I dont mind admitting this whole moving countries is way to stressful. God I hope it all goes smoothly. Wish us luck guys, pray that the volcano settles etc etc

Everything will be okay! Its easy to say don't stress... but its definatly not easy to "not" stress. Just take everything with a cross that bridge when you come to it.., And the ash cloud will start to behave soon! :thumbsup:

Where abouts in Kiwiland are you going to? :D

Everything will be okay! Its easy to say don't stress... but its definatly not easy to "not" stress. Just take everything with a cross that bridge when you come to it.., And the ash cloud will start to behave soon! :thumbsup:

Where abouts in Kiwiland are you going to? :D

Thanks Maxiewolf, We're going to Mangakino, Centre of North Island.

Thanks for the good luck wishes everyone. Im sure it will all go well and if there are any rough patches we will work it out but it is more stressful than I thought especaily the animal part. Was much easier when I came to Auss with my dog Bo. Now Ive got 2 dogs a cat and a bloke to take home :D

Mangakino :eek:

That's a wee place :laugh:

Good luck with the move!

:eek: is what my father said when I got the job there. Im going to work for a large corperation with 13 dairy farms and I will get every second weekend off (3 days in a row) so might get a life and go to some agility with my girl. :D

Everything is falling into place but I see the volcano is still disrupting flights :mad Cant control everything I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

We made it and Ruby, Kora and Horse have settled in. Customs at Auckland airport was a real pain. We had to march from one place to the next, it all took ages. Flights were delayed because of ash. It is so cold here at the moment we couldnt milk because of ice freezing everything at the dairy :eek:

Kelpiekaye great to hear it all worked out! Couldn't imagine moving people and pets overseas!

Bit off topic but a friend it moving back to NZ and was quoted around $3000 just to send her cat over! I thought this couldn't be right, if you don't mind me asking how did you get your furry friends over? Did it cost anywhere near as much?

Kelpiekaye great to hear it all worked out! Couldn't imagine moving people and pets overseas!

Bit off topic but a friend it moving back to NZ and was quoted around $3000 just to send her cat over! I thought this couldn't be right, if you don't mind me asking how did you get your furry friends over? Did it cost anywhere near as much?

Actually I was thinking the same - my husband is part Maori and would like to retire back in NZ so I would be interested in the transport costs and the vaccinations for the dogs. :)BTW love your Kelpie may I ask who you got them from?

Edited by Tapua

It cost us $2,500 for 1 adult kelpie, 1 12 week kelpie and 1 cat. We got to keep the travel crates for the dogs. We used Jetpets and they were great. Cats dont have to have the blood tests that dogs do. The cat just was treated with Revolution 10 days before we left. Hope that helps.