A Most Unpleasant Experience!

Kirislin

I dont know how wedding photographers do it. My friend was asked to take some pics of her friends son for the deb ball. She asked me to come along, she stressed they will be getting a professional to take proper photos later in the day, this was just as they get into the hummer. Thanks goodness they're getting a professional. I didn't want to do it but thought it's all practice for me cause I really only take pics of dogs. With the girls in dazzling white and the boys in blackest of black my camera had a hissy fit. Then I had to contend with proud mothers boof heads in the way, mud, girls squinting, OMG, it was a thoroughly unpleasant experience that I hope to never do again. :laugh:

No, I wont be posting any photos of it either.

Lol.. would love to see the photos. I think I'd probably turn something like that in to a disaster. I was originally thinking of branching out from pet photography in to humans but lately I'm not so sure I'd do very well at it. So glad for you that they were also having photos done later so that they weren't just relying on your shots!!! (meant in the nicest possible way so please don't take offence!)

:laugh: definitely haven't taken offence. I had Ashs' comments ringing in my ears, about how people say Oh you've got a good camera, can you take my photos blah blah blah. Truly, I had no idea of what I was doing and I can honestly say, I've done a lousy job of them. :laugh: I did warn my friend. sorry I wont be showing them.

There was one bit I enjoyed doing in post processing, removing their zits!! and they have plenty, it was fun, but I had to remember not to get too carried away. I felt like a plastic surgeon. :laugh:

Edited by Kirislin

:laugh: Plastic surgeon! Funny.

I can relate, the one and only wedding I did was at the beach and it was a bright sunny day and the beach was glarey and the white and black of the bride and groom was so stark, and there was NO pro photographer I was it. I said I didnt want to do it but they begged me and begged me till I gave in. I will never ever do a wedding again, I just don't know how wedding photographers do it, way to stressful for my liking, I felt like I was going to throw up the whole time. :laugh:

Hahahaha - i know the feeling. I went to a friend's wedding a couple of months ago as a guest with a camera (i was definitely not being the photographer, even though i was asked!) after telling them to hire a professional. I got some pretty shots but I look at them, then i look at professional wedding photography and i think, "omg, you have so far to go before you're on that level!"

People are hard! I'd rather photograph dogs! Even the naughty ones are fun!

a friend I have who is a wedding photographer only ever told me 2 things - when the groom is wearing black and the bride is wearing white, the worst thing you can do is blow out the brides dress - she won't care so much about what details you are seeing on the grooms outfit anyway, but blow out her dress and forget a decent sale, and pray for a nice photographer day, as opposed to a bright sunny mid summer day (the sort that is every brides dream). I know he always erred on the side of ensuring the dress was slightly underexposed and recovering details in PS. But must admit, although I do photograph humans as well as animals, I would not touch a wedding with a 10 foot barge pole, I like doing sessions that at worst I can redo if something goes tragically wrong, with a wedding there is no chance on that