Rally-o

WOW- I participated in a mock comp tonight and managed a score of 90! I however didn't realise how hard it is to count to one, nor how hard it is to keep signs on my left (accounting for 5 lost points lmao). The dogs loved it so I can see it being a permanent sporting addition for them :thumbsup:

I will be entering here in sydney on the 7th and 28th!! Thanks to everyone who got the ball rolling for us with the sport!!!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick note, forward action signs are on your RIGHT, not your left. If judges were asking you to keep signs on the left, they were wrong. Change of direction signs are in front and not passed or circled. Exception signs are weaves, spiral, serpentine and jump

Quick note, forward action signs are on your RIGHT, not your left. If judges were asking you to keep signs on the left, they were wrong. Change of direction signs are in front and not passed or circled. Exception signs are weaves, spiral, serpentine and jump

Ooops Right. See I can't even do it when I post :hitself: How am I meant to do it when I am on a course. They were teaching it correctly My dogs just have a silly handler :bolt:

I was tricked by my obedience training of walking in straight lines, the finish was angled to the left which I didn't account for when I walked past finish.

Ooops Right. See I can't even do it when I post :hitself: How am I meant to do it when I am on a course. They were teaching it correctly My dogs just have a silly handler :bolt:

I was tricked by my obedience training of walking in straight lines, the finish was angled to the left which I didn't account for when I walked past finish.

I had something very similar happen to me with my sheppie girl in an advance rally, down in Hobart recently.

I straight lined out of the fig 8 (with distractions) for the left turn.

We had been sitting on a possible 100 up to the second last stationshrug.gif

Damm my traditional obedience training of straight lining hitself.gif

Unless otherwise noted: there will be a demo happening at the Dogs Day Out at KCC on December 11th, run by the Schipperke club. Courses, instruction, covering rules and ring set up and proceedure will be done. Any interested parties wishing to run their dogs through the courses are welcome to do so. I'm not sure on this, but there may be a gold coin donation box to help cover expenses to run this event. I will post more info when/if I find out more.

special thanks to those with the Schip club for organizing this event.

Guest CaptainCourageous

Unless otherwise noted: there will be a demo happening at the Dogs Day Out at KCC on December 11th, run by the Schipperke club. Courses, instruction, covering rules and ring set up and proceedure will be done. Any interested parties wishing to run their dogs through the courses are welcome to do so. I'm not sure on this, but there may be a gold coin donation box to help cover expenses to run this event. I will post more info when/if I find out more.

special thanks to those with the Schip club for organizing this event.

YES, IT'S ALL HAPPENING AS ABOVE, STARTS 10:30 am

I'm going to my first Rally- O workshop at Grafton next Sunday. I have printed off the rules & given it a read....looks like fun. I am going to do it with Mr.Cricket Puppy :) seeing he is still too young to go to formal agility lessons. Problem is, by the time he starts beginners agility lessons, he is already going to be up to trialing stage (minus jump heights). Maybe the instructor can use him as a "demo" dog :thumbsup: So doing Rally-O will be good for him & me, seeing we know absolutely nothing about it.

I'm going to my first Rally- O workshop at Grafton next Sunday. I have printed off the rules & given it a read....looks like fun. I am going to do it with Mr.Cricket Puppy :) seeing he is still too young to go to formal agility lessons. Problem is, by the time he starts beginners agility lessons, he is already going to be up to trialing stage (minus jump heights). Maybe the instructor can use him as a "demo" dog :thumbsup: So doing Rally-O will be good for him & me, seeing we know absolutely nothing about it.

I am doing the same thing with my pup- she had a blast doing Rally-O!! Much easier on her mentally than obedience because I can encourage her so she knows she is doing the right thing.

Tassie

Do you know if the Rally O will happen at the Trial in Hobart in Jan.?

I was hoping to see the mock in Launceston but when I called up for directions I heard it would not be on.

Annie

:wave: Hi Annie - sorry we didn't see you in Launceston - the mock Rally O trial had to be cancelled because of judge unavailability unfortunately.

Yes - Our first Rally O official trial will be in Hobart (up on the Domain) on January 15th. The schedule will be in the December/January Gazette, which should be out early next week. The TCA office should be able to give you the details. Entries will close fairly soon I think. We're quite excited about it :happydance: . Hope we see you there. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note to say thank you to Dogs Queensland Rally O Working Party for putting on a GREAT seminar at Durack this afternoon & evening.

It was well attended & many many details about Rally O were discussed & I think we all thoroughly enjoyed putting our dogs & ourselves through the two courses that had been set up.

To all the members of the working party & to all the others that helped make it a great night I say a very sincere thankyou.

Can't wait for our first Rally trial next year, :)

Gary & Xander

Queensland you've done it again.

The Queensland Rally O Working Party held the best EVER Seminar this evening with even the weather being kind.

Had attendees from all over who travelled large distances to be part of this fantastic Seminar. They came from Mackay, Gladstone, Bundaberg, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Gold Coast, Armidale (NSW), Grafton (NSW) to behold the delights of this new sport. What a truly great response from all involved, it just shows the dedication not only of this Working Party but also of all the Clubs involved. Of course the Brisbane Metropolitan Brisbane Clubs were well represented and we all eagerly await 2012.

Rock on 2012 when we can begin to EARN Rally Obedience Titles.

Just a quick note to say thank you to Dogs Queensland Rally O Working Party for putting on a GREAT seminar at Durack this afternoon & evening.

It was well attended & many many details about Rally O were discussed & I think we all thoroughly enjoyed putting our dogs & ourselves through the two courses that had been set up.

To all the members of the working party & to all the others that helped make it a great night I say a very sincere thankyou.

Can't wait for our first Rally trial next year, :)

Gary & Xander

Thanks Gary

Much appreciated.

Quick note from a tired teacher, to thank the Schipperke club for their work to put on the demo today at KCC park. I enjoyed not having to hold the clipboard full time, but do what I love best and that's teach.

Helping to coach and guide up and coming judges to let them better understand the finer points of judging this sport to allow all handler teams to get the most from their experience.

MANY great questions from some people today on this sport, and a great turn out for this event at the park.

We had a few skepticals come through and they were converted!! Some nice working dogs, and handlers of various experience levels. Many realizing this is much more complex than they had first believed and ready to go home and do some homework/study in some of the areas that they struggled with.

Hopefully some of the pep talks after their 'runs' helped some of the very novice handlers and in the end, the happy dogs that did their best to work for their handlers, was worth the sunburned face and VERY sore feet that I have tonight!

Onward and upward to January.