A Rave About Other Owners

How often do we see rants about stupid things other owners do?

Well this is the opposite.

As some of you know, I am currently working with Brennan to modify her reactivity around other dogs. In the 3 weeks since we saw the behaviourist things have been fantastic.

Thursday morning, we are out for our walk and notice a loose JRT. We cross the road, and Brennan is non reactive. The JRT then sees us and proceeds to run towards us barking. I keep walking, and Brennan remains below threshold--no reaction at all :eek: (HUGE improvement). Anyway, we just manage to shake the JRT when we come across some people in the process of moving house. I could see from a 25m distance that they have their black Labrador out the front of the house unleashed. Immediately I go to cross the road, as I am crossing the road the people seeing Brennan call their dog. The Lab ( who has incidentally not moved at all) turns and returns to his owner immediately :thumbsup:. I was so impressed with these people-- not only did they have effective control over their dog, but they saw me and Brennan and immediately went to ensure they had control of their dog.

Just thought it'd be nice to rave about a positive experience

It makes me happy and amazed when i see really well trained dogs.Once had to meet a lady outside her shop.She parked beside a busy road and opened the back door.Out jumped a white shepherd;he stood still by the car while she went to the boot,then when she got on the footpath he came up beside her and walked along side her into the back of the shop where he went and sat on his bed. All without a word from her. I wonder how long it would take to train a dog to that level?

Firstly- you must be so proud of Brennan :thumbsup:

I want to have a rave too :)

In uor neighbourhood, there is a man with a Rotti. HE will have the Rotti offlead in his front gardenn and he'll have the boot up on his station Wagon. When he sees anyone coming he tells his Rott to hop up into the boot. The Rott waits patiently in the open boot while you walk past - Beautiful :thumbsup:

In uor neighbourhood, there is a man with a Rotti. HE will have the Rotti offlead in his front gardenn and he'll have the boot up on his station Wagon. When he sees anyone coming he tells his Rott to hop up into the boot. The Rott waits patiently in the open boot while you walk past - Beautiful :thumbsup:

Wow, that's brilliant- especially considering there are some people who are scared of Rotti's :thumbsup:

That is so sweet. :)

Sounds like a nomination to me.www.mdbaawards.net.au

Edited by Steve

Is it too idealistic to expect that noone ever has their dogs off the lead in an unfenced yard or a yard where the dog can jump the wall? What if they don't see someone coming in time and their dog charges off across the road?

This scenario happens on a regular basis in my neighbourhood, I don't consider it acceptable at all.