My Poor Niece

BC Crazy

It saddens me to type this :cry: My 11 year old niece, who is the sweetest girl you could ever wish to meet saved up long & hard for her first puppy.

Did the research about what type of pup would suit her needs e.t.c, had the family discussion & came up with a Silky Terrior.

Contacted a registered breeder, got "Zoe" flown down from QLD to Newcastle airport. Got her at 12 weeks. Love at first site. :love: She absolutely

loved this dear little girl.

Only had Zoe a month & she died of Parvo virus. This is soooo sad. :cry: My niece even got the 12 week vaccination a day early to be on the safe side.

Little Zoe was rushed to the vet after my brother went to see her early one morning & Zoe was almost unconscious & passed away a few hours later. Bloody PARVO.

Death of your pet is hard enough for an adult to handle let alone a child.

My niece is just crying all the time as she had become so attached to her. Being her first puppy & all. A month later she is dead. :cry:

R.I.P. Zoe. Forever young, run free little girl :rainbowbridge:

Edited by BC Crazy

How heartbreaking :(

My 8 year old niece lost her dog to bait on Wednesday. It is so horrible to see them so heartbroken and not be able to do a damn thing to help them with the pain :(

RIP Zoe

Oh no that really would be devastating.

I hope that after a mourning period she considers getting a puppy again. It sounds like she was really enjoying having a dog as her little friend.

She made a good choice too - a great breed for little people. Lots of fun to play with, clean and relatively easy to look after (so long as someone helps with a bit of the grooming etc.)

Oh no that really would be devastating.

I hope that after a mourning period she considers getting a puppy again. It sounds like she was really enjoying having a dog as her little friend.

She made a good choice too - a great breed for little people. Lots of fun to play with, clean and relatively easy to look after (so long as someone helps with a bit of the grooming etc.)

Oh yes zug zug, her step mum would have & she even brought a little book, like an a-z of doggy care. grooming e.t.c. & a pink little brush. :(

Zoe's new jumper & lead that was ordered for her came in the mail from America, my brother just put it away for awhile. :(

This is just so unfair on a child. Especially when she tried to do everything correctly.

I am going to take her walking with my 2 furry kids this week (she loves walking the dogs) try & cheer her up.

I don't know much about the Parvo virus, might do some reading up on it. Aweful thing that it is.

Edited by BC Crazy

How heartbreaking :(

My 8 year old niece lost her dog to bait on Wednesday. It is so horrible to see them so heartbroken and not be able to do a damn thing to help them with the pain :(

RIP Zoe

Sorry to hear about your niece & her dog to a bait :mad

Thats the frustrating part Teebs, isn't it? There is nothing you can do to ease their hurt & it is just not meant to go like that.

My niece was just so excited & waited for a long time, all the anticipation & in an instant, gone!!! :(