Do Breeders Like To Hear From Their Sold Puppies?

Guest _MADCAT_

Try not to take it personally. You wouldn't be the first puppy buyer who chose a reputable breeder, got a nice puppy and then heard nothing more from the breeders when you send pictures or email/call with questions. It is a shame really. :( Although I am sure if that same breeder got an inquiry from a prospective puppy buyer, they'd write back.

Frank is very cute!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Angel88

Frank is so gorgeous and squishable :laugh: Mindy's breeder likes hearing about how she is doing, although I guess a lot of breeders are quite busy so it takes them a while to get back to you. But we always receive a reply and I think many breeders like to know how there pups are going. We didn't stay in email contact with our last dogs breeder although she minded Clover when we went on holidays a few times and we saw her occaisonally at shows and she always remebered us which was nice (well, Clover lol).

haha he is very squishable! The breeder is probably busy (or I hope so) otherwise atleast I have DOL for my questions!

I would think it was weird if the breeder showed no interest in the puppy.. maybe she's just been busy?I still sometimes email Obi's foster carer, and she's always happy to see photos etc, which is cool.Btw, your check chain in the group photo is way too big for the puppy. I don't agree with using them on puppies, but if you are, at least make sure they fit properly.

Yeah it was a bit too big in the picture but the same check chain is now too tight on him so we will get a new one when we start the intermediate training at the dog school

I don't like using them either, But the owners / breeders of the saints who do the dog school said because he's a big powerful breed to use it and it wouldn't hurt him?

He is a pretty good pup on lead and I don't use the check chain too much. He actually heels off lead and listens to training off lead now so we don't use the check chain unless with lots of unfamiliar dogs to be able to control him.

Try not to take it personally. You wouldn't be the first puppy buyer who chose a reputable breeder, got a nice puppy and then heard nothing more from the breeders when you send pictures or email/call with questions. It is a shame really. :( Although I am sure if that same breeder got an inquiry from a prospective puppy buyer, they'd write back. Frank is very cute!

Yeah I understand... Felt like she was just happy to sell him and thats it. Which I guess is ok since I knew what I was getting myself into with a big breed.. Just a shame really

Not only does the breeder get updates from me but I also tell the big things (titles etc) to the people that bred the parents :D If the response from the grand-breeders is positive then I continue with the updates.

Guest Angel88

Well I just went to Petstock to buy some crickets for our green tree frogs... As of today Frank weighs 27.6kg :o

My Breeder does not get a choice, i still bombard them with Photos and info on Teegan whenever i can, although they always seem happy for the updates

maybe for some reason they did not get the email, (like if it had photos attachments might have been blocked) or they just were flat out busy to reply and then forgot to? Have you sent them another email

just to see if they reply?

Guest Angel88

My Breeder does not get a choice, i still bombard them with Photos and info on Teegan whenever i can, although they always seem happy for the updates maybe for some reason they did not get the email, (like if it had photos attachments might have been blocked) or they just were flat out busy to reply and then forgot to? Have you sent them another emailjust to see if they reply?

haha! would be good to be bombarded with pictures if you bred the dog and to see the pup is happy and healthy!

Didn't even think about if my email came to them as junk because of the pictures. maybe it got sent to the wrong folder?

will send her an update now :)

My boys breeders got a few emails from me with updates such as when they arrived, after a week or so when they had settled in and a couple of progress reports on how they were growing etc.

I never got anything back from them but I opted to sent the updates anyway - they got updates at least every 4 months or so until they were about 2 yrs.

I was a little disappointed when they didn't seem interested enough to respond.

I keep in touch with my puppy's breeder via Facebook. With my older girl I kept communicating with her breeder, but the communications seemed to drop off suddenly when her ears pricked :( I thought they were lovely ears & couldn't wait to show her.... I think she felt a bit embarrassed by them :(

Edited by sheena

I have not read any of the replies.

It is so much easier since the net.

I am currently waiting for pups to be born so I can enrich the lives of two of my previous families. One from 13 years ago who found me by Googling and 1 from 6 years ago who has kept in touch.

I love it. :) :) :) :) :)

I too love to hear from my pug slaves lol. I still keep in touch with puppy buyers from my very first litter...and I get updates of their children growing up with their Pug. I have people getting their second and third pugs now. I love all the pics I get and I reply to all of them. Maybe you havent heard cos there is something major happening in your breeders life, that takes her away from the puter. :D

I have a website full of pictures from new owners, I see them often and we are always in touch.

I have a page on my (cat) site for new owners pics, the proud parents love seeing their furkids up there :)

I love getting updates and seeing how adored the kittens are in their new homes, hearing stories of their antics and watching them grow.

I recently forgot to reply to an update so the owners sent me a text making sure I got the email, usually I reply right away otherwise it slips down the inbox list

If a breeder didn't seem interested in a puppy they bred, I would find that really weird.

I keep in touch with my puppy's breeder via Facebook. With my older girl I kept communicating with her breeder, but the communications seemed to drop off suddenly when her ears pricked :( I thought they were lovely ears & couldn't wait to show her.... I think she felt a bit embarrassed by them :(

How strange! Pricked ears are better anyway ;) I'm not biased at all :p

Frank is gorgeous! Love the pictures. And he is obviously clever, too.

Sorry to hear that his breeder has not been responding to your updates. I know, I have been very lucky. Pepper's breeder has been amazing. No concern is too small for her to respond to. Photos of Pepper and her other puppies are regularly posted on her website, and membership in her on-line forum is also strongly encouraged. Only recently, we met up with with a larger group for a lovely 'Christmas in July' :xmaswave: lunch .

I wonder if a breeder's website is an indication on how prepared they will be, to later keep contact with their puppies' owners.

frank is adorable very huggable - I love to hear from and see pictures of the kids that go to loving homes.just got some the other day from young man in the Army who bought a Lab from me about a year ago - its lovely to get photos!

Two of my many dogs are pedigree dogs. One breeder just loves hearing from me and seeing her photos and we now keep in contact on Facebook. The other breeder just never responds :shrug: his loss.

I keep in regular contact with both my boys breeders who love my updates. I can understand you being disappointed Angel88.

How hard is it to reply to an email even if it takes a few days to do so. :rolleyes:

Frank is gorgeous ..... Love the name ......... There is two of the same breed next door to us, the male is named Neville......... SO suits him too :D

Edited by jakeyjangels