That Realisation

-Megz-

Some would say that's a good sign - it's something important to you and you want to do a good job - nothing wrong with that :)

I still have nightmares about the first teaching day of the year - after 10 yrs of teaching! (and it's the name bad dream)

Yep, my bladder & knees go to jelly once I'm in the assembly area !! :laugh:

but as soon as we are in stride - concentration (not to fall 'A over T') and moving well together, & trying NOT to turn a triangle into a geometric nightmare takes over !

fifi

I get horribly nervous to the point that I'm concentrating more on keeping my legs from shaking than I am on teh dog! The only thing that helps is alcohol (not wanting to sound like an alco :laugh:) - a little bit of rum makes the world a better place :)

I get very nervous as well and it's only just recently that I think I've started to not get as nervous (only two toilet stops before running in the ring, not 10) that my girl has started showing better and I know it's because she can't feel my nerves down the lead. Catch 22 in my case, I was nervous about her playing up, which made me nervous which made her play up. Now, i don't feel that I get as nervous, she's showing so much better and I am handling better as I'm not nervous about her looking like crap. I still don't eat until I've been in the ring. This sure does suck when you are second group on at some shows!

But at the royals and specialties, I'm a bag of nerves. I know it's just another dog show, but still!

How'd you go anyway Megz?

What is there to be nervous about?

I don't think it's any one thing that makes me nervous. I have always shown for other people more than myself. That adds nerves for me as I want to do my best for other people. Then there are the dogs I own that I show, they are all from Breeders that I respect and love to please which again adds to my nerves.

I get very nervous as well and it's only just recently that I think I've started to not get as nervous (only two toilet stops before running in the ring, not 10) that my girl has started showing better and I know it's because she can't feel my nerves down the lead. Catch 22 in my case, I was nervous about her playing up, which made me nervous which made her play up. Now, i don't feel that I get as nervous, she's showing so much better and I am handling better as I'm not nervous about her looking like crap. I still don't eat until I've been in the ring. This sure does suck when you are second group on at some shows!

But at the royals and specialties, I'm a bag of nerves. I know it's just another dog show, but still!

How'd you go anyway Megz?

At the Royal we did well.

Beagles

Brockie - DCC/BOB and Junior IG (Beat his Dad, sister and brother)

Ben - RDCC/RUBOB

Flirt - BCC

Pointer

Fwarkie - BOB

Vallhunds

Rabbit/Abbey - BOB

Murphy - RUBOB

Staffords

Slater - BCC/BOB and Minor Puppy IG (Beat another female and two males including my boy)

Harry - DCC/RUBOB, Aust Bred IG and Aust Bred IS :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Gundog Specialty was yesterday and Fwarkie got BOB :laugh: got knocked out for his class so I took him in to all the property classes, he won Best Head, Best Gait and helped me win Handlers :D :D