Plaque Remover

oakway

Oakway - did you find it was a very gradual reduction in the plaque? I think the plaque is reducing but it is taking a good amount of time for us. I've almost completed one small bottle of the Plaque Off. Are my expectations too high?

Most say it just comes away with time.

Always remember in my case the dogs get bones and of course it would break away after a while from the grinding.

I am happy to report that there is still no plaque on the dogs teeth like there was before.

If you have a tooth scaler why not try and remove some of the tarter yourself. :) It may just need a helping hand to start it on it's way.

I have used artery clamps to remove tarter also. I use them like a pair of pliers and crack the tarter off.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a couple of questions about the Proden and I've been trawling through the pages of this thread but have just not spotted the answers. How do you use it on your dogs? Do they ingest it in food or water or do you put it on their teeth? Is it a daily usage thing? What is the dosage amount? If I had two dogs how big a container do you suggest I buy?

It seems like some people have good results on here so I'm also interested in giving it a try for those stubborn back teeth.

Thank you!

You put it in food on a daily basis. Dosage depends on body weight. Large dog around 3 very tiny spoon fulls (spoon provided). I had a 60g bottle and that has lasted me about 2.5 months (large dog dosage). I bought the small bottle first to make sure my dog was able to take it ok. It has a long enough shelf life (what I bought has an expiry in 2016) and my boy seems to be coping with it well enough, so I've just purchased a 180g bottle, which works out cheaper.

Edited by Erny

I have just purchased some off EBay after reading this thread :thumbsup:

Will report back with how I go, if it means no more teeth brushing WooHoo! :happydance:

Just a question can you put this in a pups food? She is 9 months so not that young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I am aware you can put on the food of any dog at any age.

I have not put it on the food of the babies here as their teeth will shed out with age, so I am waiting till about 6 months when their adult teeth come through.

I've never brushed any of my dogs teeth. My guys are fed raw and have raw meaty bones as well as the ProDen to keep their teeth clean.

The only dog who needed a dental was an elderly rescue with awful teeth. The incisors were worn down to the gums. One canine tooth was wobbly and one pre molar looked a bit suss to the vet and to me.

We did the dental and both the canine and pre molar were extracted. The pre molar had an abscess.

1/4 of the spoon u get with it lol

Gosh .... that IS a small amount. How big (or little) are your dogs?

Shame it isn't agreeing with them but coincidental that it is affecting them both. Is there a chance that they copped a tummy bug at around the same time as you began the PlaqueOff, do you think?

Day 2 here n im going to stop.. Its making my guys sick

Sick in what way? Yes, stop it of course. Don't forget it is seaweed and could the dogs have an unknown thyroid problem as the manufactures warn about this. If they do have a problem thank your lucky stars that this product has given you a warning.

Also could just be a coincidence.

Please keep us all posted as to what happens.