Irresponsible Dog Owner

Swizzlestick

Was all of that growling real- some sounded pretty fake to me.. Disgusting regardless.

I think it was fake too I diddnt even bother with the 2nd video, the growls sent shivers down my spines though... :eek:

The second video put the first clip into context more so it was certainly worth watching.

It's just a dog who's been trained to "guard" and growl when her guarded object is threatened. Zipping up my flame suit here- it's just a demonstration of a dog doing what she has been trained to do- growl in certain situations.

It certainly looks stupid and dangerous but then.. I believe there are people on this forum who compete in schutzhund, no?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was all of that growling real- some sounded pretty fake to me.. Disgusting regardless.

I think it was fake too I diddnt even bother with the 2nd video, the growls sent shivers down my spines though... :eek:

The second video put the first clip into context more so it was certainly worth watching.

It's just a dog who's been trained to "guard" and growl when her guarded object is threatened. Zipping up my flame suit here- it's just a demonstration of a dog doing what she has been trained to do- growl in certain situations.It certainly looks stupid and dangerous but then.. I believe there are people on this forum who compete in schutzhund, no?

Yes, that is exactly what it is, but the point is... what sane person would teach their dog to resource guard one member of the family from another member of the family?!

They are showing their total disregard and disrespect for their dog and their child and flaunting their stupidity internationally.

Anyone with an ounce of sense would not train this unless they were prepared to risk the consequences. And anyone willing to risk the consequences does not deserve to have children or dogs, IMO.

It's just a dog who's been trained to "guard" and growl when her guarded object is threatened. Zipping up my flame suit here- it's just a demonstration of a dog doing what she has been trained to do- growl in certain situations.

How do you know she's been trained to guard the baby, and that it's not her natural guarding instinct kicking in. Nothing in the video suggests to me she's been trained for this. :confused:

How do you know she's been trained to guard the baby, and that it's not her natural guarding instinct kicking in. Nothing in the video suggests to me she's been trained for this. :confused:

Did you watch the second video? She has been taught a "guard it" command. The dog is told to guard something and so she guards it.

Yes, that is exactly what it is, but the point is... what sane person would teach their dog to resource guard one member of the family from another member of the family?!

What sane person would teach their dog to actually attack other people on command? It's the same thing (if not worse) :shrug:

Whether the dog has actually been trained to guard the baby from the get go or the dog has done it instinctively and then been further encouraged to do so (which is still teaching the behaviour) is not entirely clear to me, but either way, I still say this is unacceptable.

I am not even going to waste my time responding to HA's interpretation of Schutzhund.

Did you watch the second video? She has been taught a "guard it" command. The dog is told to guard something and so she guards it.

Yes, sorry I just watched that one now. Hadn't watched it until now. :doh:

Where is the second video?-

the only other one I saw was of a rottie resource guarding a rope- equally as idiotic and dangerous as the first video.

Irrespective of whether the dog has been trained to do this or not- it is unacceptable and dangerous to teach a dog to guard a baby from its own family!!

I don't care how easy going a dog is, this is just wrong, and an accident waiting to happen.

And that's someone who, when an accident happens, would say "but I WAS right there supervising!" :rolleyes: .

Edited by Erny

Wow way to go, antagonising a dog using babies. Idiots!

My dog has no problem with the kitten wandering up and sticking her head in his bowl while he's eating or even pinching food out of it. Doesn't mean I let her and no way would I encourage it. I've always been of the opinion that if you're lucky enough to have a tolerant dog it shouldn't be abused or else you may one day discover their tolerance has a very real limit. Testing that limit with babies is especially idiotic.

Any idiot can own a dog, you cant legislate against morons choosing any type or size or temperament of dog and training it to do whatever they want it to, or allowing it to do as it pleases. The only time something is done about it is after an attack. I dont know what the answer is. :(

YouTube is full of such crap. I came across one last week, of a GSD frantically trying to "kill" his tail while the owners actively encouraged him to "kill the robber" and saying how glad they were that they bought a Shepherd :mad.

What attracts retards to this wonderful breed. :cry:

To teach a dog of any breed to react like this is just madness to say the least,and of cause it's just a matter of time before the dog bites someone and the poor breed gets the blame again. :mad:mad:mad