Buying Books Online

Rileys mum

Just wondering if anyone knows of reliable places to purchase books online from australian stores (in particular Susan garretts books Ruff love and shaping success)

Im happy to buy from the US or overseas but im thinking postage might be quite expensive in comparison to Australian stores. Clean run was quoting $40 for postage...eeek.

Or if someone has copies they are looking to sell id happily purchase them.

Definitely thebookdepository.co.uk

Often have sales on their books and do free shipping worldwide. I have bought over ten books from them now and have never had any issues - and they have all arrived within the two week mark. Only thing is if you are buying multiple books you might receive them separately over a few days, as that is how they work out their free shipping.

Often have sales on their books and do free shipping worldwide. I have bought over ten books from them now and have never had any issues - and they have all arrived within the two week mark. Only thing is if you are buying multiple books you might receive them separately over a few days, as that is how they work out their free shipping.

This!

Since finding the book depository I have not bought books from anywhere else. To find stuff like Susan Garrett's books you may need to buy from somewhere else (Clean Run etc), but the Book Depository has lots of Dog Wise books, and loads of other great training books. I bought Pat Miller's book the power of positive dog training from there and it worked out to be around $30 LESS than what I would have paid in store at Borders, and it arrived to my doorstep :) I loooove this store!!!

Not in Australia but check out
I have often found it cheaper to buy from them (or Amazon) than to buy here. That includes postage. Books from Australian stores tend to be dearer as you are paying for their import costs and postage as well as the book plus your postage to get it to you.

not sure if they would have them there, but at the moment, Amazon.co.uk is having free priority shipping on all books and DVDs to Aus & NZ (got a heap of Dr Who stuff as they actually reduce the price on them after the seasons have passed to a cheap price - unlike here where they are all still $99 for the box set vs 10 pounds (approx $16)) I think that is on till the end Sep, so worth a look

The most evil website in the world.... :rofl:

Edited by poodlefan

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/

free shipping to Australia, good prices, and a good conscience - all profits go to world literacy charities (ie books for under priveliged). They save old library books from landfill too, so you can buy second hand as well as new.

They might not always have the book you want but I always check there first just in case they do, so my money is going to a good cause :)

http://booko.com.au/ is a great site for finding you the cheapest place to buy.

Often thebookdepository.co.us is better than thebookdepository.co.uk

I know of 2 people that haven't had their books turn up from Fishpond but they were both given their money back.

Thank you! :laugh: It was starting to bother me that people don't know about this awesome resource. This is the best place you're going to find books. I mean it compares prices for you, how much better can you get??