Woman, 77, In Latest Dog Attack

Panto

I don't care if they were teacup variety gsds it is not in any way acceptable for someone who is in their own back yard to be confronted by someone elses dogs! :mad :mad :mad

Edited by frufru

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if they were teacup variety gsds it is not in any way acceptable for someone who is in their own back yard to be confronted by someone elses dogs! :mad :mad :mad

Spot on, and you can just about guarantee that every time there is an attack during the current climate it's going to get reported.

That poor woman must have been terrified.

what the??? comment from a reader:

This does not suprise me yesterday i made a complaint to the Cardinia shire council in relation to two dogs that jump as high as the fence in my elderly parents backyard as you go to the clothes line and i told the council i was scared to walk in my parents back yard to my disgust my parents and myself were told to go to a solicitor as coucil do not deal with dog problems.

Edited by raz

To be honest I suspect the lower media coverage is because she was bitten on the ankle and had some 'scratches' - she wasn't killed like the story last week so it is (quite legitimately) a smaller story.

I suspect if it were not for last week's fatality, this attack wouldn't have made the news at all.

After last week, any dog attack will be news for a while because readers are sensitive about the issue.

Was it really an áttack', the lady was 77 and able to fend of two GSD with 1 bite and scratches. It might just be more media hysteria.

I think you are right Chevorne.

To be honest I suspect the lower media coverage is because she was bitten on the ankle and had some 'scratches' - she wasn't killed like the story last week so it is (quite legitimately) a smaller story.

I suspect if it were not for last week's fatality, this attack wouldn't have made the news at all.

After last week, any dog attack will be news for a while because readers are sensitive about the issue.

Was it really an áttack', the lady was 77 and able to fend of two GSD with 1 bite and scratches. It might just be more media hysteria.

You're not serious? What would you call an attack? Granny in hospital? Dead? I'd suggest that she was very lucky to get inside - maybe she saw them coming over the fence.

A women was bitten by stray dogs that got over her fence to get to her - and here are dog owners saying it's just "more media hysteria". This kind of crap gives dog owners a bad name. This kind of attitude makes my blood boil (I can't tell you the number of times people have said to me - and I'm talking people who belong to breed clubs, show their dogs etc - "My dog could sort yours out", "if my dog attacked yours you'd know it because your dog would be dead" etc etc).

:laugh: Y-e-a-hhh ....right Megan. :rolleyes: ... :scold: I don't believe that for one minute. Not saying that it wasn't said to you by some moron, like the moron with a pitbull that said words similar to that to a friend of mine while she was walking her Shepherd....but I doubt very much it was said a 'number of times' to you BY various show people from breed clubs. And I am speaking as a breed clubs/show/obedience person 35 years in the dog world.

:scold:

Edited by Tapferhund

I think you are right Chevorne.

Yes I thought that too and more so as there has been no further mention of it. Also, TWO German Shepherds attacking ankles????? and only leaving some scratches and one bite???...I don't think so !