Poll On Yahoo - Should Rottweilers Be Outlawed In Australia

TrinaJ

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the hands of Responsible Owners this is what would be reported in the news. :D

Gardai were called yesterday to the Killarney All Breed Ch.Show to investigate an incident involving a Rottweiler dog and a 9 year old child. The Irish Kennel Club sanctions the event, held by the Killarney & District Canine Club annually. Thousands of exhibitors and spectators were in attendance.

According to witnesses, a child was walking near the show rings unsupervised when she suddenly came face to face with the 110 lb Rottweiler dog. The child threw her arms around the dog’s neck, reports say, when the unthinkable happened.

The dog began enthusiastically licking the girl’s face as his tail wagged briskly.

“It was awful”, said one bystander, “there was nothing we could do. That dog was just giving that child every ounce of love he had and no one did a thing to stop it”. Another witness, who took video of the event, said “This happens all the time; I don’t know how it hasn’t made the news before now”.

One spectator, who declined to be named, told reporters “The sounds were just heart wrenching, all that laughing and giggling. It made me smile so hard my face hurts. I plan to sue for pain and suffering”.

The handler of the dog admits this is not the first time such an incident has occurred, and that the owners were “well aware of the stable, loving and patient temperament of this dog”. She further admitted that she would continue to permit the dog to act in this manner in the future. The owners were unavailable for comment.

The five year old male Rottweiler apparently has a history of sudden, unanticipated acts of joy. The large, powerful dog has been sighted at a number of recent events happily greeting fanciers and families. “I don’t know why we are being singled out”, stated the handler, “I’ve seen dozens of other Rottweilers acting in the exact same way.” She went on to offer examples of similar incidents involving Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Rottweillers, Dobermanns, German Shepherds, and more. “If people just opened their eyes to the social side of these beautiful dogs, these incidents wouldn’t seem so random or surprising.”

Rottweilers are a member of the FCI’s Group 2, a classification of dogs who are renowned for providing specialized services and tasks to their owners. The Rottweiler is considered to be one of the oldest dog breeds. Its origin goes back to Roman times. These dogs were kept as herder or driving dogs, and are said to be good-natured, placid in basic disposition and fond of children, very devoted, obedient, biddable and eager to work. His appearance is natural and rustic, his behaviour self-assured, steady and fearless. He reacts to his surroundings with great alertness.

Gardai state that the handler, who was noticeably unrepentant, was cited for Reckless Entertainment. The Rottweiler dog was given roasted chicken treats and was not taken into custody.

EPIC like. :D

Temperament: Behaviour and character. Being good natured, placid in basic disposition and fond of children, he is very devoted, obedient, biddable and eager to work. His appearance is natural and rustic, his behaviour self assured, steady and fearless. He reacts to his surroundings with great alertness.

I post up here the Rottweiler so why we want him banned, sounds like beautiful breed to me?

What needs to be doing for my opninion if they find Rottwieler thinking is a bad dog and not matched to the standard, they need to find out where the dog come from, who bred him if is mongrel breeding. If the back yard farming put out the mongrel Rottweiler, ban the farming of crap dogs, if is registered breeder putting out poor temperament and fear biters they be banned from breeding dogs. Unless these working dogs trained to fight, a good breeding on these dogs are not dangerous dogs is bloody nonesense on my opnion.

Joe

I voted "NO"

PF you got my vote,

I have had Rotties, we now only have 1 left, at one point Rottie head count was 19, 14 of them were puppies from one litter :eek:

Dont ask how we got through

all our big sooks were bought up with kids, grandkids etc :D