Poll On Yahoo - Should Rottweilers Be Outlawed In Australia

TrinaJ

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just voted "No". I have a rotty. If she ran out to kids on the street the only things she would do is knock them over with her bum as it would be wiggling so much with excitement :laugh: .

I cannot believe 53% have voted yes. Rotties have such a bad name and alot of people who don't like them have never actually met one before. :mad I also have labs (stange combo I know!!), and people are very surprised when I tell them my rotty is friendlier than my labs.

I really hope that anyone in a position to make decisions on these outlaw matters will have enough smarts to recognise quality journalism at its finest. Sit back down yahoo - it ain't you with this poll.

Having said that, I do know that the bottom line for what appears on the yahoo7 news page is what appeals to the masses - they're just interested in hits to the web page so they can sell advertising.

I just voted "No". I have a rotty. If she ran out to kids on the street the only things she would do is knock them over with her bum as it would be wiggling so much with excitement :laugh: .

I cannot believe 53% have voted yes. Rotties have such a bad name and alot of people who don't like them have never actually met one before. :mad I also have labs (stange combo I know!!), and people are very surprised when I tell them my rotty is friendlier than my labs.

Never met a Rottie that wasn't a big sook underneath LOL

I've had two family Rotties so this makes my blood boil that so many ignorant people have voted on the poll. I bet the majority of them have never actually met a Rottweiler in their lives. I have met countless Rotties over the years. Most of them have been owned by your average Joe. Yet, not ever have I met one that wasn't an absolute sweetheart. Even ginormous, entire males that I have met. I can honestly say that I have never met a breed that is more gentle or loving.

How about we ban backyard breeders that indiscriminantly crossbreed and ownership by people whose IQ's are less than the dogs. That would be a good start.

Oh God! Yes, please!!!

Could we start drafting a "breed" standard :D

I like it!!!