Poll On Yahoo - Should Rottweilers Be Outlawed In Australia

TrinaJ

but it still sickens me that there are 4718 votes that want to see Rotties banned. :(

Agreed...I have never met a nasty or aggressive Rotty yet. Only ever met big sooks who wanted nothing more than a pat.

ETA: When I was in my early teens, I had a friend who had an older Rotty, who sadly had HD. My friend knowing I really loved his dog told me to come and say goodbye to him [as he was past the point of living a happy life]. Still get tears whenever I think of this once majestic Rotty dragging himself out by his front legs to give me a lick and to let me give him a hug goodbye. He was a big sook of a dog right to the end.

Edited by Noishe

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course they shouldn't be banned! I don't think cute puppies is a reason to keep any dog ( tho Rotti puppies are super cute) but I also don't think any breed is a particular reason not to! Obviously don't know every rotti but have only ever met nice ones who were great with people and with my small dogs!

Voted no and will do again(and again) I feel literally sick at the moment with this media driven anti-dog campaign, Rotties and Bull breeds are only the tip of the ice berg I fear. As I was listening to the radio on my way to work on Monday morning some lunatic rang in to stir up hatred towards Greyhounds :( apparently they are muzzled in public as the will rip your jugular out if given half a chance :mad:mad

Voted no ..........every single Rotti we've had come through has been a gorgeous natured loving dog , even the ones that have been starved and abused . I hope somebody with an ounce of sense can put a stop to this............German Shepherds will probably be next :(

The rest of the states have hope. Lobby. And then Lobby some more.

In Victoria, I can't see APBTs being banned/killed if not registered and Rottweilers being far behind.

I'd suggest all Rottweiler owners register their dogs now too (if they haven't already) and make sure that any dogs are properly contained. Because we are next.

Voted No, Ban Rotties :eek: over my dead body!!!!!.

I would say most of the Retards that voted yes, wouldn't know what a Rottie looked like :mad:mad and only believe what they read in the bloody Media. :mad:mad:mad

How could anyone think of banning a breed that is so gentle,loving,loyal and Intelligent wonderful family pet the Rottweiler is.

What Pollies should remember is that the many people who love and own this wonderful registered breed also vote, something pollies seem to forget.

Voted no and will do again(and again) I feel literally sick at the moment with this media driven anti-dog campaign, Rotties and Bull breeds are only the tip of the ice berg I fear. As I was listening to the radio on my way to work on Monday morning some lunatic rang in to stir up hatred towards Greyhounds :( apparently they are muzzled in public as the will rip your jugular out if given half a chance :mad:mad

:( You're kidding ! Its hard to believe there are still people that are stupid and ignorant in this day and age. Greys are one of the most gentlest breeds of dogs and are a breed I recommend to people who have never had a dog and are looking for a gentle easy going big breed of dog. Like most Greys, mine loves the couch..its her favourite place and her favourite position on it is laying on her back with all four legs pointed towards the ceiling. How anyone can say anything against this breed is beyond me.

Voted No, Ban Rotties :eek: over my dead body!!!!!.

I would say most of the Retards that voted yes, wouldn't know what a Rottie looked like :mad:mad and only believe what they read in the bloody Media. :mad:mad:mad

How could anyone think of banning a breed that is so gentle,loving,loyal and Intelligent wonderful family pet the Rottweiler is.

What Pollies should remember is that the many people who love and own this wonderful registered breed also vote, something pollies seem to forget.

Your signature is so TRUE ! I love it !

What the hell!!!!! Greys - I have to walk my sweet Katie in a muzzle because of lazy useless politicians who can't sit enough days to change legislation and set regulations re: a change in muzzling laws that are a relic from last century.