Dry Food For Golden Retriever Puppy

jamesn184

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just changed my little guy onto Black Hawk and I'm really happy with the results. His coat is looking and feeling amazing, he LOVES it and best of all they delivered it right to my doorstep. Can't recommend it enough. :)

I wouldn't feed Advance or Hills.

We have basically those as our choice down here, so I brought in Black Hawk and am very pleased with the results. Also the fact there is no wheat or soy in the adult ( 2% wheat in the puppy) and meat meal is the first ingredient. I won some Nutro once and that had good ingredients as did the Canidae from memory.

I have no idea about RC or Eagle Pack as we don't have them readily available.

From the hills website

Ground Whole Grain Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Liver Flavor,

Thats a whole lot of grain and why on earth would they need chicken liver flavour???

Black Hawk

Lamb Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Oats

Can't seem to find an ingredients list for RC - can find all the other info though

CAnidae

Chicken meal, turkey meal, lamb meal, brown rice, white rice

Red meat will not reduce the life span of your dog - sorry but that is a ridiculous statement.

Edited by OSoSwift

I wouldn't feed Advance based on the salt content.

It sounds like the OP is hell bent on using the Advance, no matter what others say about it :confused: I would like to ask the OP, why she/he has chosen Advance , just out of interest :)

Does it matter??

Or does it just cheese you off that they haven't jumped on the BH bandwagon.

It sounds like the OP is hell bent on using the Advance, no matter what others say about it :confused: I would like to ask the OP, why she/he has chosen Advance , just out of interest :)

Does it matter??

Not sure that Sheena said "bloody idiots not buying BH"???? Or maybe I read it wrong????????

Does it matter??

Not sure that Sheena said "bloody idiots not buying BH"???? Or maybe I read it wrong????????

Maybe you did :) ;)

Does it matter??

Maybe you did :) ;)

I was simply asking the OP why she chose Advance...is there something wrong with that?? There were a lot of brands suggested by lots of posters & I was curious as to how she came to her decision, to feed Advance when everyone was saying "don't feed Advance"..doesn't matter now as she chose Nutro, which makes more sense.

Guest Black Obsession

In the past I have fed Royal Canin and Eagle Pack...and I'm currently feeding Canidae. I have heard that Artemis is also good.