Maltese Wanted For Great Home

Bisart Dobes

Hi - my mother in law recently lost her Maltese X and is missing her so much that they have started the search for another dog.

Fantastic home, the dog will want for nothing, her last girl - Suzie was 19 years old this year. I would give them a dog but ours are too big :). They have suggested going to the pet shops but then asked if there was any way I could help.

There is one Malt in Mildura we are looking into that is with a rescue group but I was thinking that maybe someone knows of another Pure bred that is looking for a good home a bit closer. An older puppy / dog is needed as I don't think they could cope with a baby puppy.

Any help is appreciated.

You could ask some of the Maltese breeders in the listings on DOL? There's one adult up there in the "mature" place but they're in Brisbane, so.. :laugh: Maybe look into rescue/pounds? There are heaps of Maltese/Maltese X's that need rescue and would probably love a home :)

Edited by Dju

Have a look at Bobby, for adoption from a Melbourne-based rescue (one that's impressed me with their standards).

http://www.petrescue.com.au/view/118346

Your MIL might also like to look through the pages of small dogs available for adoption from Victorian rescue groups. Bobby's just one of them.

http://www.petrescue.com.au/search/?a=d&g=a&s=s&l=vic&i=0&pg=1

Edited by mita

Thanks - yes looked at the dol malt pages.

Yes - we have started the process with 'Millie' on the pet rescue site. There are a few others I have saved to favs for them to look at - my partner is going to help them tomorrow with the pet rescue application. Breaks my heart to look through at all those faces looking for a loving home :(.

Qld is a bit far - they would prefer to meet the dog prior to adopting - being elderly it needs to be the right one for them.

as i advise all people who ask me to assist them with finding a dog, put your name down with the maltese club in vic, and/or some breeders by ringing them personally and ring the puppy sales person in the club and advise them the age you want and usually they have breeders who have something they are looking for a good home for but don't advertise it or know of something coming up in future.

Nek, is this L's puppy? Hes delightful!!!!

Rescued with love is a lovely rescue site :) well done the volunteers!

Bisart, your mum cant have our litte dodgy maltese girl! lol Shes ugly,old and grumpy but very well loved! lol! Good luck in your search!

Bisart, your mum cant have our litte dodgy maltese girl! lol Shes ugly,old and grumpy but very well loved! lol! Good luck in your search!

Her last one was ugly, old and grumpy so she sounds perfect :) - are you sure you can't part with her ? LOL.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their assistance both here and privately.

Unfortunately my mother in law went and bought a 14 week old Maltese from a pet shop :banghead: and then has rung 3 times for advice on pretty much everything. My last answer was not so polite - 'Perhaps ring the pet shop, they will help you with this won't they' . . .

Hmmmmmmm . . .

Her last one was ugly, old and grumpy so she sounds perfect :) - are you sure you can't part with her ? LOL.

Nup she's our bed warmer ;)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their assistance both here and privately.

Unfortunately my mother in law went and bought a 14 week old Maltese from a pet shop :banghead: and then has rung 3 times for advice on pretty much everything. My last answer was not so polite - 'Perhaps ring the pet shop, they will help you with this won't they' . . .

Hmmmmmmm . . .

Oh poop, hate that, you put in the hard yards after they ask for help and then they rush off to a pet shop...yep, been here before :(