Rainbow Lens Flare!

:ange:

Gorgeous! What a beautiful shot, even if you don't look at the lens flare. Do you mind if i ask what lens you were using and if you had a filter on? We use certain lenses and filters in production to get similar effects. For example, an anamorphic lens will give you star-trek like lens flares in your shots when the sun hits them right (the ones that run along the bottom of the screen like the ones in the most recent star trek movie, though a lot of them were done in post production).

Edited by ~*Shell*~

Thankyou!

Shell it was with the 85mm 1.2 at f/1.8 - I didn't have a filter on with it. I wish I had been more creative and gotten her to look towards it or done something with her hand.. Hmmm... wonder if I can get it again. LOL

How cool! I would love to play with lenses like that one day..

Seriously the light in this location was just to die for..

Very interesting affect, looks great. This is the most colorful sunflare I have had in a photo, it was taken with the same lens as yours funnily enough - I actually put it straight in the reject pile but pulled it out for this thread. It does look a bit ethereal though with the sun shining down on the dog

6189603905_259acfd0cd.jpg

Edited by helen

I have a few as well though they're not fantastic. The ones where I get really nice flares tend to not be the best photos lol :)

Taken for a "summer" photo in january for project 365 - special photo bombing appearance by Zero :laugh:

5412998870_e83380e884_z.jpg

And one of Terranik and Ahsoka

5360023154_4553778149.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest muttrus

Not sure if this counts these are of a past foster dog named Island taken with normal standard camera.

post-33936-0-23701100-1325190060_thumb.jpgpost-33936-0-20095100-1325190082_thumb.jpgpost-33936-0-31493300-1325190099_thumb.jpg

ON another note hubby bought me a nikon D3100 with bonus lens and to be honest Im too scared to use it.I have taken 7000 photos this year of my foster dogs and have no formal training but love taking photos .Ive done nothing but rave on that I wanted a SLR camera but due to cost never actually thought Id get one so soon Being a mum I feel guilty about having something worth so much I guess Ill get one of those books for dummies hahahahhahah

Not sure if this counts these are of a past foster dog named Island taken with normal standard camera.

post-33936-0-23701100-1325190060_thumb.jpgpost-33936-0-20095100-1325190082_thumb.jpgpost-33936-0-31493300-1325190099_thumb.jpg

ON another note hubby bought me a nikon D3100 with bonus lens and to be honest Im too scared to use it.I have taken 7000 photos this year of my foster dogs and have no formal training but love taking photos .Ive done nothing but rave on that I wanted a SLR camera but due to cost never actually thought Id get one so soon Being a mum I feel guilty about having something worth so much I guess Ill get one of those books for dummies hahahahhahah

I LOVE :heart: LOVE :heart: LOVE :heart: the one of the pup standing on the beach/sky!

As to your new camera fear, I understand exactly how you feel. When I first bought my Canon 400D I was too scared to take it out of the box! :laugh: It's just taking that first step. Sit down, unpack it all and then put it on the table and get your manual out. It will be set out so that it shows you how to charge up the battery, there'll be diagrams of what all the buttons are. Just start playing around taking photos, and keep the manual with you, so if you get bamboozled you can refer back to it. Most of all, have fun!

Edited by Kirislin

Guest muttrus

I cried when I opened it mind you our daughter was also in tears as she opened harry potter lego for the xbox hahahhahah

I read the manual over and over at least it was all in english .

The beach has been great for showcasing our dogs and I think our best shots have come from there that was one of the reasons I wanted this camera so I could capture them running from a distance our beach is a dog beach after 6pm so the lighting is great and theres hardly anyone there at that time so I can focus on the dog in the landscape .

I get new foster dogs at the end of january I think about 8 so I will start pract now :D

Seems like I may become annoying next year on this thread :laugh: but its nice to be able to talk with others in real time and ask for tips/help but also to share a passion for animals in photos.

If you have time below is a link to the photo albums on my page there are alot of beach ones Im pretty proud of some of my photos and some look even better when used as a destop wall paper

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=154807711230046