Pm's 'cavoodle'

GeckoTree

Guest lavendergirl

I don't really care what dog she has...

Would have been nice to see the leader of our nation pick a rescue - imagine the push for rescue that could have ensued if that were the case.. (we live in hope, I guess)...

I do wish they would do away with the stupid cross/mix names though. (And puppy farms)

Our Nations Leader taking on a "Rescue".....now that's something I think EVERYONE would have loved to see.

If I remember rightly didn't K-Rudd have a rescue Lab at the Lodge??

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would have been nice to see the leader of our nation pick a rescue - imagine the push for rescue that could have ensued if that were the case.. (we live in hope, I guess)...

I do wish they would do away with the stupid cross/mix names though. (And puppy farms)

Our Nations Leader taking on a "Rescue".....now that's something I think EVERYONE would have loved to see.

If I remember rightly didn't K-Rudd have a rescue Lab at the Lodge??

A Golden Retriever called Abbey.....and no-one objected to that!! :D

Guest Black Obsession

My friend bought an Oodle from a pet shop. She had no idea about puppy farms and she's a well educated person.

Her tiny Oodle puppy is now the size of a horse and looks more like a Pyrenean Mountain Dog or a Maremma :laugh:

She bought him 'cause she has allergies and she still sneezes and carries on like anything.

I can imagine the Tim Mathieson character on At Home With Julia getting duped by a puppy farmer. What a d***head :rofl:

That's probably because people don't know where it came from.

omg. perhaps he was the one plugging farms. they can say anything they like on their websites and make it look extra good. where are their brains these politicians. this is getting way too ridiculous for words all this.

where did it say it was a rescue?

That's probably because people don't know where it came from.

omg. perhaps he was the one plugging farms. they can say anything they like on their websites and make it look extra good. where are their brains these politicians. this is getting way too ridiculous for words all this.

where did it say it was a rescue?

Are your refer to K Rudds dog? I have seen a photo of him and the dog "being settled in by a RSPCA Officer".

Am I missing something here??? :confused:

ETA Oh, I just saw the where it came from link. So what have they got to do with the RSPCA and Rescue??

Edited by LizT

Well, Julia just said on the 3pm news, that Tim had arranged to get her a Poodle in a few weeks time.

Interesting....did you hear clearly? Poodle...cavoodle sound very similar.

ETA Tony Abbott did call her a mincing poodle ;)

Edited by LizT

Well, Julia just said on the 3pm news, that Tim had arranged to get her a Poodle in a few weeks time.

eh? what? could it be re-reading that article that BCF is trying to advertise for them to get one of their pups? it hasn't actually happened? somethings going on fishy here.

ETA Oh, I just saw the where it came from link. So what have they got to do with the RSPCA and Rescue??

im wondering the same thing, something's not adding up here. its either a rescue or from a puppy farm it can't be both. just goes to show how inaccurate the media can be. ETA: maybe the RSPCA rescued it from that farm :o and now that farm is boasting how K-Rudd has got one of their dogs? maybe?

Edited by toy*dog

Guest lavendergirl

eh? what? could it be re-reading that article that BCF is trying to advertise for them to get one of their pups? it hasn't actually happened? somethings going on fishy here.

im wondering the same thing, something's not adding up here. its either a rescue or from a puppy farm it can't be both. just goes to show how inaccurate the media can be.

Sorry - I just had a vague memory that K-Rudd's dog was a rescue but obviously not. :o I think he was patron of a Golden Retriever rescue organisation though.

just noted looking at the facebook page of BCF that he has indeed removed his comments, smart move eh.

however, i have a screen shot of what he actually said to me and others.

Uumh, the conversation I was reading was between someone called Debbie something or other and the owners (I think) of the place, and it was Debbie who had the potty mouth. So ... did the owners remove similar comments from them and leave hers there? If that's the case, that's not playing fair, it leaves Debbie looking like a total nutjob and them reasonable.

I have to say if that's what happened they did a good job of the editing, just leaving enough responses (and her ranting about them not responding) to make it look genuine.

I might go back and see if I can find it (if it's still there) and maybe PM it to you.

just noted looking at the facebook page of BCF that he has indeed removed his comments, smart move eh.

however, i have a screen shot of what he actually said to me and others.

Uumh, the conversation I was reading was between someone called Debbie something or other and the owners (I think) of the place, and it was Debbie who had the potty mouth. So ... did the owners remove similar comments from them and leave hers there? If that's the case, that's not playing fair, it leaves Debbie looking like a total nutjob and them reasonable.

I have to say if that's what happened they did a good job of the editing, just leaving enough responses (and her ranting about them not responding) to make it look genuine.

I might go back and see if I can find it (if it's still there) and maybe PM it to you.

oh okay i knew debbie met her on facebook from that page, she was one of the people i was talking to privately and yes some of the things she says is really bad i know but he was responding to her in the same manner and sometimes worse. but this is going back about 3-4 months ago now im talking about, i didn't seem to see him talking now he's shutup. but yes it would look like she's a nutjob if he has removed his own responses. :laugh:

Edited by toy*dog

if we can't get them on care, profit or even now health testing or hidden recessive genes what can we get them on? so what line of defence do we have left?

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Oodles can have up to 69 different coat combinations and all of the other genes can mean thousands of different combinations in every dog which makes it impossible to predict what management requirements will be needed as every single dog will be different . Some families can live with any dog of any type but being able to predict what a dog will need to remain healthy and happy and match that to what suits you and your lifestyle means there is less risk that either you or the dog will not be able to live together as happily as possible for ever after. It seems rather a wasted effort to put in time and energy and ask yourself what type of dog best suits my lifestyle and then choose one which is not able to be predicted.

Because of the volume of puppies bred ,commercial breeders sometimes see their stud animals as stock and there is a higher risk that there is no post sale support or that they are as motivated to be sure that the dog is suited to the buyer’s lifestyle. The need to cover costs and make profits can create a higher than average potential to see a compromise on testing and husbandry issues.

Agreed...

If only we could make some high profile people aware of the animals in rescue. Then for them to rescue one and blab about it everywhere..

Maybe then - rescues would be come the new designer dog :)

Pups whelped and raised in 'commerical' settings that don't get a lot of human contact in their first three weeks can be wary of strangers for life.

Ideal family dogs are whelped and raised in family homes, not sheds. Pups raised in sheds are big question marks on temperament because no one sees them enough to know what they're like and a buyers best measure of temperament (the pups mother) is not seen by them.

That's a message that has research to back it and that could be flogged hard without denigrating any crossbred dog. Best not to be elitist in our arguments and facts are that purebred dogs also get produced in such settings with the same results.

Pups whelped and raised in 'commerical' settings that don't get a lot of human contact in their first three weeks can be wary of strangers for life.

Ideal family dogs are whelped and raised in family homes, not sheds. Pups raised in sheds are big question marks on temperament because no one sees them enough to know what they're like and a buyers best measure of temperament (the pups mother) is not seen by them.

That's a message that has research to back it and that could be flogged hard without denigrating any crossbred dog. Best not to be elitist in our arguments and facts are that purebred dogs also get produced in such settings with the same results.

Got a reference for that ?