Pm's 'cavoodle'

GeckoTree

Hey Raz :) you are spot on re the flag protocol.

Makes it even worse that the PM is attached to the story.

Yes that's what I thought, Nic. If it had just been a puppy shot on a breeder's website I wouldnt have thought anything of it, but her name and the office of PM attached to it for the purposes of promoting something - looks really bad, doesnt it.

Hi Raz

I am one of those "activist nutjobs" :)

We rescue puppy farm dogs (and others) - I have seen it all :( . I have seen the trauma, the damage beyond belief to a dogs mental state after years of confinement, and the disease and ill health. Fortunately we rehabilitate and rehome.

I personally think it is a slap in the face for the MDBA and all ethical registered breeders who promote healthy purebred dogs.

It is also a slap in the face for breed rescue and rescue in general.

The purchase of this puppy reeks of total ignorance,lack of education, and irreverence to the plight of thousands of dogs pts each year.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Raz

We rescue puppy farm dogs (and others) - I have seen it all :( . I have seen the trauma, the damage beyond belief to a dogs mental state after years of confinement, and the disease and ill health. Fortunately we rehabilitate and rehome.

I wasnt talking about people who rescue animals from cruelty, schnauzer - I was talking about the mob comments on that fb page. I think what's going on over on that wall is appalling and is certainly not doing anyone in the dog world any favors.

Sorry for the mix up, schnauz.

Hi Raz

I wasnt talking about people who rescue animals from cruelty, schnauzer - I was talking about the mob comments on that fb page. I think what's going on over on that wall is appalling and is certainly not doing anyone in the dog world any favors.

Sorry for the mix up, schnauz.

No offence taken Raz :D I am have been called far worse :rofl::rofl:

Sometimes people get on a bandwagon without knowing the facts, and it is a mob mentality.

Certainly this "kennel" seems to breed an awful lot of dogs and sells via the internet for big bucks - which for me reeks unethical "breeder".

Dont get me wrong, I think Julia's partner has made a huge mistake in this, but I just kept my comments in this thread reserved for flag protocol because that was pretty tame in relation to how passionate I knew people in this thread were going to get (thus my original buckle up piccie).

I still think the posts being thrown around on that fb wall just make people look insane

I still think the posts being thrown around on that fb wall just make people look insane

Trust me. You only have to spend a minute in their company to come to that conclusion. But don't worry. Stupid gullible Perrin has to find these things out the hard way. :(

By the way Raz my son wants to know who wins out of the bear and the shark?

Guest Black Obsession

SHAME on the PM. What a joke! She & her partner obviously have ZERO common sense! The sooner she is gone, the better! What a disgrace! :mad

I agree. I can't wait 'til the next election. I'm voting for the Greens. I've had a gutful of these disgusting politicians.

This whole thing makes me sick :mad:vomit:

Edited by Black Obsession

Doesn't it come down to people being uneducated about buying pups? Tim could have easily gone to the local pet shop and picked up the pressie. I guess he's gone online and found a website that says it breeds lovely happy little puppies and can have one ready just when he wants it. It has the pics to show how cute they are. He is just like any number of people who have been conned by the pretty pics and speil. JMO

and now they are talking about changing the leader and some other person challenging the leadership in labour AGAIN! that in itself is a big joke. the whole world is watching all this and little Australia and it is quite embarrasing to me anyway and quite a few other people talking amongst many :o

i knew people would look at the Facebook page and yes it is quite out there some of the comments. and some of his comments if he still has them there maybe he's removed his to make himself look good no doubt, he gives it out as much as people are giving it to him. i got on there to spread some common sense about DD's to the public who might look at his page when it was first up, so he turned his attention onto me in amongst all that other garbage on there and threatened to do something to my property and my family. so i de-activated my account and once you do that it deletes your posts and you disappear.

a decent person doesn't threaten people simply because they are speaking out politely about what they are doing. i wasn't nasty or rude thats not my style.

its not nice what that larry says and if he was a decent person he wouldn't be saying those comments it goes both ways. and i am proudly one of those fanatics too but i wouldnt' say some of what those other people were saying.

Doesn't it come down to people being uneducated about buying pups? Tim could have easily gone to the local pet shop and picked up the pressie. I guess he's gone online and found a website that says it breeds lovely happy little puppies and can have one ready just when he wants it. It has the pics to show how cute they are. He is just like any number of people who have been conned by the pretty pics and speil. JMO

Very true.

Also just wanted to point out, although Tim is buying this dog as a present for Julia do you not think that she had say in the breed she wanted...? I am sure he asked her opinion and took her advice on what breed she was after.

[Yep, and $1,800 for a "spoodle". I couldn't see anywhere on the website where they health test the parents either. :cry:

The whole point to their marketing since way back in Don Burkes most active pro DD days is that they dont need to test because each breed has different recessives. While ever there is no mandatory health testing and breeders from all groups dont test its rather a wasted argument .For every commercial breeder you find who doesnt test you can find breeders from any group who dont test .

Fact is it works more in their favour than against it as their stance is there is no need - and there isnt for recessives.

if we can't get them on care, profit or even now health testing or hidden recessive genes what can we get them on? so what line of defence do we have left?

thats BS, ofcourse these people to protect their "livelihood" will throw out any productive argument, health testing we dont' need to do it, recessives no need to test or research for recessive thats BS coming from where i've come from and that is pure HELL and there is alot more people that have come from where i have come from i can tell you. i come from experience with recessives, experimenting with matings, dealing with a heck of alot of bloodlines, with people who tell you something that might not be true. so a group might not test but we all know its an individual thing its not a group thing in the dogworld, spoken to many breeders about their programs and it is an individual thing whether they test and research whether its important about soundness and having happy healthy dogs or is it more important to win in the showring at all costs or to sacrifice health for profit only.

my point is, that there is no possible way that these farmers can know the dogs say 3-4-5 gens back, where do they get their dogs from? where do they get their studs from? dodgey brothers ways for sure. and in my experience just because a dog is a reg pedigree they might be able to get their hands on one doesn't mean it has come from the best stock. even knowing like i do 5-6-7 generations back in my pedigrees and viewing dogs and selecting dogs still its not an exact science and this is with knowing the dogs and able to look back on records. these farmers would not know what they are breeding which spells disaster for those poor little dogs and im talking about patoodlematoodstroodles not a cross breed that might be working towards ANKC recognition.

what irks me is i've watched these types for years like everyone else and they have tried to be on the same par as a reputable ethical ANKC reg breeder and this PM stuff is giving them more steam. Don Burke would be sitting back laughing his head off at all this at the expense of these poor poor animals being bred by these equally ignorant uninformed so called "breeders". don burke started all this DD crap to get back at a group of purebred dog enthusiasts.

all this says to me its just typical of how arrogant some people can be, i mean if Julia thought different about all this wouldn't she be saying i don't want a puppy from that place. no she's not saying a thing, she's getting a cute puppy thats all that matters obviously, her and her partner are thumbing it to the people who work hard to bring thhis to the attention of the public about DD's and puppy farms.

arggghhhhhh...i know i am preaching to the already converted but talking about this to like minded people helps me alot :o but now there is steam coming out my ears!!! :mad this is quite frustrating.

Edited by toy*dog

Guest Black Obsession

I just had an idea...

How about writing a letter to Simon Sheikh (sp ?), the National Director of the Get Up organisation? They ran the campaign to ban live cattle exports, which attracted nationwide attention.

I'm going to write a letter to him today.

ETA

http://www.getup.org.au/

Edited by Black Obsession

Hi Raz

I personally think it is a slap in the face for the MDBA and all ethical registered breeders who promote healthy purebred dogs.

It is also a slap in the face for breed rescue and rescue in general.

The purchase of this puppy reeks of total ignorance,lack of education, and irreverence to the plight of thousands of dogs pts each year.

I actively agree with this. What a horrible example to set to a country - I've never supported that *fill in the blank* PM but this is the final straw. Weather her or her partner it's wholly irresponsible.

This is yet one more example of poor decision making associated with Ms Gillard, so it does follow a pattern (sadly!). However, to be perfectly blunt, if Ms Gillard's partner approached me as a breeder, I probably wouldn't sell her a puppy because they wouldn't meet the most important thing of all with dog ownership - they need to actually be around to make that dog part of their lives. Thats the whole purpose of having a companion animal - its because you WANT a companion, and have the time and commitment for one.

Edited by lappiemum

I just had an idea...

How about writing a letter to Simon Sheikh (sp ?), the National Director of the Get Up organisation? They ran the campaign to ban live cattle exports, which attracted nationwide attention.

I'm going to write a letter to him today.

good idea worth a try :thumbsup:

i just wish someone would whisper in their ears those two and tell them they are making a decision that will reflect the whole nation and what australians think about puppy farms. it makes us all look that we support this industry to the rest of the world. :mad

People want these dogs. No amount of talk about purebreds is going to stop that. People like these little fluffies.

They need to be bred responsibly. Until that happens and we can send people to responsible breeders these 'farms' are going to win.

If I sent that website link to non-crazy-dog-friends they would think it was ace and a super place to buy a dog from. And it might be. I haven't been there. All they might be doing wrong is breeding cross breds.

They are breeding rather a lot but so are some ANKC breeders.

Are they health testing? Can't see that they are. But again not all ANKC breeders are either.

At least they are desexing the puppies. The hefty price tag will hopefully make people think twice before purchasing.

Were did they get their breeding stock from? Mmmmmm

I dunno from now on I am going to judge the individual not just what they breed.

I see a heap of stuff from ANKC breeders that I think SUCKS.

Judge the deed and all that.

Well as a Registered Breeder who health tests both her parents and puppies I have sent off a email highlighting the issues/problems she may face.

I have asked if her puppies parents have been health tested and if the litter will be seeing a vererinary opthamologist at 6 weeks of age.

I've also pointed out all the other issues I could remember from "Pets sold in Pet Shops for more than the average breeder would charged, Pets being bred "en mass" for the almightly $$$$ and "Wally Conran' regret re" the "Labradoodle". Shedding and hyper allergy myths etc.

Asked her if the term "Oscars Law" meant anything to her?

Not much else we can do. :(

Edited by LizT

i just wish someone would whisper in their ears those two and tell them they are making a decision that will reflect the whole nation and what australians think about puppy farms. it makes us all look that we support this industry to the rest of the world. :mad

Oh sorry but what a load of crap, td. He's buying her a puppy - end of story. Yeah it's disappointing but you really think the 'rest of the world' even has the Australian PM on Red Alert because her boyfriend buys her a mongrel? It will reflect on the whole nation on a global scale? Come on...get serious. People buy puppies every day of the week.

Edited by raz