Dog Wash In Perth

I have washed Kahlua myself in the laundry tub (which he's growing out of), outdoor tap (we have a vegie mixer on a hot & cold sink in the alfresco), and at those self-serve $10 for 10 minutes dog wash. All of it does get me a bit wet and weary.

Today, I tried a mobile (won't name them) dog wash, which I thought advertised washing him, his ears, clipped nails and dry. The charge was $25. They turned up pretty much on time, and unloaded the tub and a couple buckets. After plugging in, and filling with water, Kahlua got a wash. I went inside and about 10 minutes later, I was surprised that he is all finished. Having got his biscuit, he is still wet and ears / toes were not checked. Seems a bit steep for $25.

Is my expectation too high? Or can anyone recommend a much better dog wash? Ideally one that I don't have to book too far in advance.

i tend to do it myself too. With our last lab we had a mobile service come once and i wasn't overly impressed with the service and they couldn't reverse back out of our driveway :laugh: Once Wilbur grows out of the laundry tub i'm going to try the service wash/blowdry service at our local Pet Stop. if that's not too costly and works for us we'll continue using the service but if not we'll have to rethink the whole clean dog thing :D

We used Flea Stoppers once and never again. Dogs were washed and then barely dried and then drenched in very pungent "dog cologne". The person doing it also went on and on about her "rare red mini poodles" and asking if I wanted one etc.

I am much happier spending a few hours washing and drying them myself.

There is a thread in General on how to make the poor mans hydro. I am going to do this in the near future. Much cheaper than buying a hydro. I have the bath and the hot and cold water, just need the submersible pump from Bunnings :)

No not all are the same. I have my own small business and I pride myself in the wash I give.

Depending on the size of the dog it generally takes 25-40 mins for the wash and semi blow dry.

My suggestion is to go for a small business who wants your business, stay and watch what they do.

Many times I'm asked to clip nails when they're impossible to do, they either don't need doing or the dog refuses. If a dog really refuses I am not going risk being bitten or hurt, and then have to take the owner on to cover my medical costs, loss of wages etc etc etc. I then suggest walking the dog on a hard surface to naturally wear them down.

Plus the poor dog could be hurt or in the struggle the nail moves in the clippers and it's cut short and bleeds.

Not wanting to have to book to far ahead is a problem in itself. The only ones who you don't have regular bookings are the ones you want to stay away from.

As for the $25, that's pretty good. Take into consideration, petrol, insurances, ware and tare of equipment, shampoos & conditioners, wages, tax etc etc etc.

But will agree if it was 10mins in the tub, that is way to fast to complete a good job.

Sharon

Edited by pesh

Where in Perth are you? I tried a mobile dog wash once as well. I spent about 10 minutes lugging buckets of warm water to the van and another 10 minutes drying the dog at the end. NEVER again.

If you are in the Northern Suburbs, the Ocean Reef vet has a groomer who operates there. I knew someone whose Cavalier went often so I reckon they must have been good as their owner really loves that dog! There seems to be a groomer at the Mosman Park vet too.