Letter To The Editor - Death Of Abandoned Dog

HollyMilo

This story made me cry...

Quoting a description from the article update from Sticky in case anyone can't access the link from their device:

The dog was a medium-sized pooch, resembling a border collie in build and stature. He was grey, with black and light parts. He was young and healthy-looking. He was not wearing a collar. I did not see the dumper's face and, as it was dark, I only saw that the car was a sedan and a dark colour. I will always regret not taking down the registration plate details, but I did not realise the significance of them at the time. There were no security cameras along that stretch of road.

My family could not take the dog's body to a vet for a microchip check because he was too damaged and bloody. We were also too distraught.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i witnessed a near dumping one day, this lady had a terrier cross running beside her little car as she was driving along, the dog looked frantic to get back in the car but she kept on driving slowly beside the dog, you could tell she was the owner as it was running looking at the car. she got out and thats when i drove around the corner where i could see what she was doing but she couldn't see me then she got out of the car and grabbed the dog and drove away, by that stage i was seriously thinking if she dumped the dog i would go around and see if i could coax the dog into my car and i didn't have a plan after that. i tried to follow her but she put her foot down and disappeared out of view.

i was driving home from the train station and saw all this going on infront of me, but why on earth would you let your dog run along beside your car and drive slowly, i thought that maybe she tried to dump the dog but the dog was following her so she had a change of mind or something, it was very strange to watch.

some people are so callous and unfortunately thats the way our society is going, everything is disposable too much i fear and our pets are a common victim. :(

i hope that this person is caught and made to pay :mad i dont think them reading the letter will make them feel any remorse at all as that kind of a person wouldn't have feelings to be able to do all that in the first place :cry:

OMG WHY? Why do people do this? I pity this poor dog and the life it must be leaving. Some people shouldn't be aloud to have pets. Honestly. :-(

Saw this thread earlier this morning but couldn't rack up the courage to read it until now.

RIP poor abandoned dog :cry: If there is Karma, may Karma serve those who deserve it !

Edited by Beauie