Bunnings Compost Panels

hilaryo

OMG how easy is that! You don't even have to think about it :thumbsup:

I had little faith I might add Sway but I did exactly as you said, put one panel flat on the ground and another flat on top. Virtually just touched the spiral to the top, turned it and down it went! Couldn't believe it.

Took me a while trying to remove the ones that I had tried to push around the sides though :laugh:

Thanks Sway just brilliant.

Thanks also to everyone else that replied. You can all have a go now.

We use cable ties and black plastic clips bought from bunnings to make a gate, they are also easier to remove, after awhile the springs tend to go out of shape and are hard to remove. We have 12 panels and take ours to dog shows and it packs flatter with ties.

what sort of clips Liath? I want to make one to take to shows as well but I need to overlap a couple of panels for each side which makes it hard to make a roof. Anyone put shadecloth or similar on as a roof? I was thinking of also putting a floor in out of shadecloth so making it harder for a dog leaning on the panels to move it out of shape, but not sure how to join it seeing as one panel will be the gate.

We have the spirals on permanently, another here that found them easy once I got the first one on. We use spring clips for the door/opening panel. :)

That sound great Ill have to get some spring clips as I don't have a door on mine. :)

Put two panels back to back and just sit the spiral on the top and twist it down, Once in place bend the ends over so it can not move up or down.

OK, I'll try again ;)

PS. I have a husband but he's even more useless than me :D

We have the spirals but if my OH was here it would be cable ties as Iam hopeless at putting things together. Glad you have worked the spiral thing out now! :)

I used the spirals plus fencing clips the first time - that configuration was a roofed pen and the spirals were only useful in one direction. The fencing clips tend to fall off with a lot of folding and unfolding back and forth etc.

So now I am a cable tie convert- you can buy 200 ties for next to nothing and just any snippers, scissors or fingernail clippers will get them off; they are magic. In between uses you can take all the ties off and the panels will stack in almost no space it is wonderful!!

I am also a convert for good old bungee straps as gate fasteners on them ....