Bunnings Compost Panels

hilaryo

The spirals are a pain to get on, but they're good once they are - be careful of a sharp end sticking out though. If you plan on using the panels in different arrangements, zip ties are easier because they only take a second to cut off and redo.

Those spirals are evil.

I use the plastic garden tie things or sometimes those metal clips ( what are they called ? ) office use things for paper etc. They have 2 things you squeeze together to open.

Cut the ends off the garden ties though the cute little buggers sometimes chew them.

The spirals are a pain to get on, but they're good once they are - be careful of a sharp end sticking out though. If you plan on using the panels in different arrangements, zip ties are easier because they only take a second to cut off and redo.

Actually, that's one of the reasons that I asked - I thought maybe I'm just stupid but I can't seem to get the spirals on :laugh:

Edited by hilaryo

Once I found the trick for getting the spring things on I use them the most. I still will use zip ties as well though.

yep - once you figure out the easiest way they go on within seconds. When they are in the spot you want them to be squash the ends with a pair of pliers and bend the ends in - makes them stay put and the ends are no probs either. Secure them with dog clips and your set.

If you put the sides together - start at the top and turn the wires in the direction they want to go and keep going, they will spin on themselves if lined up right.

268718_258063627540012_100000091313049_1139358_7298450_n.jpg

I have used cable ties and the fencing ring/clamp (hog rings) and pliers, since I figured out how to use the spirals I have swapped most of them over.

Edited by Andisa

Put two panels back to back and just sit the spiral on the top and twist it down, Once in place bend the ends over so it can not move up or down.

OK, I'll try again ;)

PS. I have a husband but he's even more useless than me :D

Yep,cable ties here too. I could get the spiral things on easy enough, but they kept moving out of place all the time. I didn't realize you had to squash the ends in. :dunce: I think I just chucked the spiral things out.

We are a cable tie type of family too. Love them. I trim as well, get scared they will poke into eyes and cause damage.