Walking Your Dogs

bonniek

If I ever go walking without my dogs (which is rare) I feel completely naked.

This :)

I love walking my dogs, together or separate.

Charlie takes him time on walks to smell flowers and stuff. It's always relaxing walking with him, taking our time. Emmy walks nicely on the lead now, so our walks are very enjoyable.

They makes walking interesting and fun :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyday I walk my dogs for an hour in the morning before work and then later at night also for an hour and just enjoy the experience.

The sheer pleasure they show is contagious.......lol

I wouldn't have the same amount of fun throughout my day, if I didn't do this.

Does anyone else feel the same?

:thumbsup:

Yep, I walk/train them every morning and most nights (when we aren't off to club training.). It is relaxing and my favourite part of the day.

Some days it's hard to get going but I usually enjoy it once I'm out :)

One thing that has been dampening our enjoyment lately tho is the number of loose cats in our neighbourhood. Not only does it stir up my dogs at the time (it's about the only thing that does stir up my girl, she's pretty bombproof otherwise), but then everytime we pass the spot where they've seen a cat my boy starts pulling on the lead and being super-vigilant, even weeks later.

This morning I managed to get my reactive boy to watch a couple of cyclists go past without incident, but then they got all fired up by a loose cat and then the next cyclist he saw - bam. Crazy town.

If any other animal was just let out onto the street unsupervised there would be an uproar, but we often see 2-3 loose cats on just the short walk down to the park :(

I love it.. It is the one time of day that I don't have to think...

The old boy only walks for about 15 minutes now but we tend to stop a lot on the walk, so it takes about half an hour or so.

He loves it as well, sniffing, scratching and doing what he wants...

His walk is my down time.

Mostly. Dory's happy wags are usually worth it. Her constant desire to stop and pee on everything is not. :mad (We won't even talk about the fact that she MUST bust at least one Nug, even if she has already been twice in the day).

The other thing is I'm trying to get my fitness back up, so it is actually less that Dory bothers me and more the fact that I tire out about half way through and feel like I'm gonna die, then have to constantly give her the shuffle on because I want to get home before I collapse. :laugh:

most of the time..

i hate offlead dogs who rush us and people who think they are above the law. I have a dog aggressive dog and i can never totally enjoy a walk. I always have to be on the lookout for off lead dogs

This...

2 x of mine are DA...

1x has HD and can only have short walks on soft surfaces

1 x is a puppy but has so far been the most pleasureable to walk...

I don't walk mine everyday mostly i share it between them but the Weims get walked more than the Setters.

most of the time..

i hate offlead dogs who rush us and people who think they are above the law. I have a dog aggressive dog and i can never totally enjoy a walk. I always have to be on the lookout for off lead dogs

Me too. I love walking Spence, except when we see an off leash dog heading our way. Spence has become reactive to off leash dogs after being harrassed by them. He used to submit to any dog that approached, but he's gotten sick of it and now it's hackles up and growling.

I've resorted to muzzling him for walks now in the hope that people might be more careful about keeping their dog/s away from him when they see the muzzle.

most of the time..

This was me with my last dog. My new pup is fine, in fact, he loves everyone and everything which is a pleasant change, but I'm still on edge with offlead dogs or those that get too up in his face as this was what caused my last fellow to become dog aggressive.

Love it - without a doubt the best part of my day.

I hate it when I don't take them out.

and I love weekends - being woken up early as soon as I rub my eyes they are howling waiting. :laugh:

But how do dogs know it is a weekend??????they don't do it during the week.

no, no, no

yesterday on my dog walk the magpie looked like it was going to attack me so I went another direction and then a plover started attacking me so at the moment I don't like dog walks at all :mad:mad:mad

but I normally do :)

provided I don't get lazy and decide I can walk 4 dogs at once, that I don't enjoy. The two coolies together think it's a race as to who should be first. So I go on two walks now and really enjoy it :)

most of the time..

I'm the same.

Walking Kira on her own is always enjoyable, however add Indy to the mix and I have to be forever vigilant about what other people are doing with their dogs.

Guest lavendergirl

no, no, no

yesterday on my dog walk the magpie looked like it was going to attack me so I went another direction and then a plover started attacking me so at the moment I don't like dog walks at all :mad:mad:mad

but I normally do :)

provided I don't get lazy and decide I can walk 4 dogs at once, that I don't enjoy. The two coolies together think it's a race as to who should be first. So I go on two walks now and really enjoy it :)

This - the birds are on a search and destroy mission at this time of year - definitely not pleasant walking the dog!

no, no, no

OMG are you being attacked by birds as well?

We have been attacked three times in the last month! Bubby in particular is VERY wary now when he sees a bird! They are so nasty and violent!

Not today! Dog from across the road was out front,and one of Duke's reactive triggers is loose dogs (particularly moving rapidly towards him. Which meant that Kate slipped her collar and tried to be the protector (she comes up to Hunter's knee, thereabouts, he's got the great dane height). Hunter is a nice dog,but I did not need the adrenaline!!

Love it because I have done something for me :D Hate it when the kids argue over who is taking which dog. :( More kids than dogs- maybe I should get more fosters :laugh: Love the fresh air. Love finding new places when I move :D Love leaving housework because I'm out with the dogs :laugh:

Edited by dubbleyoo