Snapfish

MavericksMission

I haven't had a photobook done but have had canvas and standard prints done.

I was impressed by the quality for the price. Very little fading on the canvas even after a few years and exposure to quite a bit of light. Prints show no deterioration and the colours matched what I sent them which is a huge thing for me.

Everything I have had done looks a zillion times better than anything I have seen out of the likes of Harvey Norman, KMart, chemist kiosks, Kodak shops etc.

I'd say go for it :thumbsup:

I haven't had a photobook done but have had canvas and standard prints done.

I was impressed by the quality for the price. Very little fading on the canvas even after a few years and exposure to quite a bit of light. Prints show no deterioration and the colours matched what I sent them which is a huge thing for me.

Everything I have had done looks a zillion times better than anything I have seen out of the likes of Harvey Norman, KMart, chemist kiosks, Kodak shops etc.

I'd say go for it :thumbsup:

Awesome!

Thanks Kja! :D

I haven't had photo books done, but have seen someone else's and it looked very nice. I have had photo prints and calendars done and they have come out really good. They tend to be pretty quick too.

Good to hear that the canvases are good too as I am thinking of getting some done.

i got my African photos done up into a photo book by them and was very happy with the quality of the photos and book itself

awesome, that's great to know, thanks MTD!

I haven't had photo books done, but have seen someone else's and it looked very nice. I have had photo prints and calendars done and they have come out really good. They tend to be pretty quick too.

Good to hear that the canvases are good too as I am thinking of getting some done.

excellent!

Think i will go ahead with it for christmas, just need to snap a couple of photos of her newest addition then I can finish the book :D

I've had a few photobooks, a few canvasses and lots of prints with them and I think they are great quality and value :thumbsup: Even my mum, who is an amateur photographer and has spent a fortune on printing up her stuff, was impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

I got really annoyed trying to put together a photo book through Snapfish. It could just be my photos, but I couldn't get them to fit in the pages properly. I ended up doing it through Apple instead. I was very happy with the result. . I'd highly recommend it.

I have used Blurb, did a book of the photos from my 52 week project last year. The book quality is great. The printing is OK, passable but not perfect. I would use them again for a book for myself, a good option to a professional printer who would charge lot more, but of course they produce a better product.

If I get around to it I am making a diary for myself with blurb :-)

To do it through Apple you'd need to have a Mac though wouldn't you? I just have a lowly PC for the moment I'm afraid.

Probably, sorry.

I hadn't heard of Blurb. Will have to look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Snapfish had a free promo going so I just got 30 free photos from them and holy crap they are the worst quality I have ever seen. Most of the whites are blown out, colours all wrong, it almost looks deliberate! At the same time I got a free photobook from them and yet the very SAME photos are printed fine in the book!

Isn't it the luck of the day? Are s/fish part of KMart or linked? - you can order s/fish on line and collect prints at designated KMart kiosk "done by KMart". I took a card into a Bendigo KMart the other day and had a load of 6x4 printed, needed them in a hurry so didn't send to CHouse "back home". And surprised how good they were: expected usual kiosk mediocrity, but they were good colour, sharp, fine gloss etc. I still think it is luck that calibrations etc suit ours - it is a day by day thing, not consistent. Unless using your regular pro lab whose work you know you can't depend on results being always good (or bad).

I don't know PC, because these were not just 'average' but bad, some didn't even look worth keeping. I've had cheapie prints done many places and none have ever been this bad. Yet the free book they sent me was done nicely, the very same prints looked good.

These were all baby shots, not exactly anything unusual or difficult to print.

I had one of Ewan where the background was white, and his skin is pretty pale in too. In the photo they've done, he looks GREY, literally grey.

Sounds like snapfish doesn't have it together anymore. That's too bad!

For books try clickonprint - I've had a few done there,but nothing in the past 10 months, and each time the images have been true. Not the highest quality paper but good enough for casual uses.