Enquiries That Get Up Your Nose!

Zensu

I am currently advertising two retired show dogs - i've had them advertised for about 6 weeks and have dozens of enquiries, but none have been the "right" homes, I'm not in a rush, I just want the perfect forever homes to come along.

I had an email yesterday from a couple stating they already had a 13 year old male Pointer and were looking for a replacement for their other 13 year which had just passed away. They explained their home situation and it seemed great.

I replied and explained the the boy I have is too exhuberant for a 13 year old Pointer, and being male their could be issues but the female I have available owuld be perfect.

I get their reply this morning saying they dont want a female dog and will go ahead with the male dog, how much and when can they pick him up. FFS!

Seriously people!

Anyone else had any enquiries like this?

oh yes.....I couldn't believe some of the enquiries I got with my litter of pups. You really cannot believe how some people carry on. They really just think it's like walking into a shop and buying an appliance, i'll take that one (if you're lucky you'll get a 'please') they really have no idea what goes into breeding and owning dogs and how concerned we are with the new homes......I used to get so angry!

oh yes.....I couldn't believe some of the enquiries I got with my litter of pups. You really cannot believe how some people carry on. They really just think it's like walking into a shop and buying an appliance, i'll take that one (if you're lucky you'll get a 'please') they really have no idea what goes into breeding and owning dogs and how concerned we are with the new homes......I used to get so angry!

Yes you are indeed quite correct.

now i understand when my breeder told me not to post pics up on my website of the pups for a while.....all my enquiries are for 1 pup only....when i enquire what about the others....."i dont like that little white marking on his face or I only want one with a solid head"...no thought to anything else about the puppy...

Dear people

how rude of me to offer advice, you have owned a pointer and therefore know more than my extended years of breeding and research into the behaviour of dogs.

Of course two males will get along great at first go, with no issues at all, and as the younger dog will not be showing any forms of dominance whatsoever towards the older dog as male dogs have done for eons, he will of course not attack the older dog and cause any damage.

Im so lucky to have you for a puppy owner, you must have that magic touch as you what you say will automatically be the case, and even if its in the dogs nature, once you state so, it will be so.

You can pick up the puppy at any time you like, day or night, I will make sure he is groomed and bathed, I will provide all nessicary documentation to go with him at a moments notice.

If i am busy, either feeding dogs, exercising them or even helping a mum birth a litter, then I will drop what I am doing to attend to your needs, they are far more important than the mere dogs.

My address is (insert number of local pound), please do call in when you want, I am presuming that you are the most important person in the world, and therefore will call in when it suits YOU and not anyone else.

Forever in your debt

Sir Sarcasm

Dear people

how rude of me to offer advice, you have owned a pointer and therefore know more than my extended years of breeding and research into the behaviour of dogs.

Of course two males will get along great at first go, with no issues at all, and as the younger dog will not be showing any forms of dominance whatsoever towards the older dog as male dogs have done for eons, he will of course not attack the older dog and cause any damage.

Im so lucky to have you for a puppy owner, you must have that magic touch as you what you say will automatically be the case, and even if its in the dogs nature, once you state so, it will be so.

You can pick up the puppy at any time you like, day or night, I will make sure he is groomed and bathed, I will provide all nessicary documentation to go with him at a moments notice.

If i am busy, either feeding dogs, exercising them or even helping a mum birth a litter, then I will drop what I am doing to attend to your needs, they are far more important than the mere dogs.

My address is (insert number of local pound), please do call in when you want, I am presuming that you are the most important person in the world, and therefore will call in when it suits YOU and not anyone else.

Forever in your debt

Sir Sarcasm

He he he ha haa haaaaaa

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dear people

Forever in your debt

Sir Sarcasm

LOL :rofl: :rofl: I really needed that today!!

Dear people

Forever in your debt

Sir Sarcasm

LOL well written!!!

I love the phone calls saying we are only after a pet - we're on a pension and don't want to pay that much, can't you sell the smallest one in the litter for less than that???

I was cornered by someone downtown a month or so ago when I had the Whippets with me.

Anyway long conversation later she asks the cost of a puppy (wouldn't sell her a pet rock - I know her from working for years at the vets locally) I give her a price.

hmmmm she says that is more than I can afford (which I knew it would be). But if you have one you can't sell, like one that is munted, I am happy to give one like that a home, I am open to things like that. I love Whippets and have wanted one forever so if you get a munted one let me know and I will take it off your hands.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL what the hell is a "munted one"? Did she mean the runt of the litter?

Me too want to know what a "munted" one is my mind boggles!!! would she have ment one with a mutation ???? - but honestly dealing with some potential owners sure has its moments!!!! But gotta add the really good ones make up for it - and there are some of those.

and while you're at it....ask them how much THEY"D like to pay :rofl:

Don't be silly, they are doing you a favour by taking the dog off your hands!

I have heard this one a couple of times recently re a rescue. Rare breed that is difficult to find the right pet home for and that some breeders will sometimes home without charge to proven companion homes for this reason. My reply is always that, yes, there are not a lot of suitable homes out there so we will be waiting until the right home comes along.

What people aren't considering is that money is not the only currency. A breeder or rescuer who has known someone for 20 years might send a companion pup to them without charge because the 20 year person has already "paid" in devotion and a lifetime's care for their animals. Whereas someone who asks for a cheap dog hasn't paid anything in time and energy. I also see the purchase price as proof someone can scrape together enough money to take the dog for a mid-range vet visit without too many hassles. But getting into that conversation is pointless when you're saying no anyway.

Edited becos i cant spel

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

LOL what the hell is a "munted one"? Did she mean the runt of the litter?

Me too want to know what a "munted" one is my mind boggles!!! would she have ment one with a mutation ???? - but honestly dealing with some potential owners sure has its moments!!!! But gotta add the really good ones make up for it - and there are some of those.

Well I am guessing runt as she did she she was happy to have a runt, but she also said an odd looking one or one with something not quite right??????

I am not quite sure really but yes munted!!

and while you're at it....ask them how much THEY"D like to pay :rofl:

Don't be silly, they are doing you a favour by taking the dog off your hands!

I have heard this one a couple of times recently re a rescue. Rare breed that is difficult to find the right pet home for and that some breeders will sometimes home without charge to proven companion homes for this reason. My reply is always that, yes, there are not a lot of suitable homes out there so we will be waiting until the right home comes along.

What people aren't considering is that money is not the only currency. A breeder or rescuer who has known someone for 20 years might send a companion pup to them without charge because the 20 year person has already "paid" in devotion and a lifetime's care for their animals. Whereas someone who asks for a cheap dog hasn't paid anything in time and energy. I also see the purchase price as proof someone can scrape together enough money to take the dog for a mid-range vet visit without too many hassles. But getting into that conversation is pointless when you're saying no anyway.

Edited becos i cant spel

That's how I got given my first horse! They had already had a huge offer from a person who Show jumped but they knew he would have a forever home with me and gave him to me. :)

munted pups?

well yes, as registered breeders whose aim is to produce healthier pups than before, we often screw up and have munted ones.

What with DNA tests, vet checks, Xrays pennhipp scoring and eye checks, not to mention baer tests, and blood tests, and only breeding from the correct dogs, well you can see every litter there will 1 or 2 with an extra eye or leg or maybe half a body missing.. Occasionaly well even have a half dog half kitten, due to all these 'breed from the best' ethics.

You hear it all the time.

Oh sorry, im being sarcastic again