Dog Spew

claireybell

Depends on what is in the spew, but I find that a spray-on cleaner (eg. Spray & Wipe) with a clean cloth (after you've picked up the chunky bits) and dabbing at it rather than rubbing it in works. You would have to check that it doesn't fade the colour though.

I dealt with this just the other night ;) Soak up as much as possible with dry cloths. Then I used wool wash and hot water on it and finished off with some of that Preen carpet foam stuff. I was getting a bit worried for a while as the stain didn't want to shift, but the foam did its job and there's not a mark now.

Febreeze is great for getting rid of the smell after you've washed the carpet. I spray it on everything that's not alive

OT, but funny- I used to work with a backpacker that shared a room with a dude that didn't shower and had shocking BO, she used to febreeze him while he slept :laugh:

You have my sympathies-that would have been a horrid mess!!!

Thanks. It only makes matters worse when we live in a unit so escaping to another room means you can still smell it. Add to that a baby with reflux and my day has been great! Spew all over the house, spew all over the baby and spew all over me! Fun times!! Lol

Febreeze is great for getting rid of the smell after you've washed the carpet. I spray it on everything that's not alive

OT, but funny- I used to work with a backpacker that shared a room with a dude that didn't shower and had shocking BO, she used to febreeze him while he slept :laugh: You have my sympathies-that would have been a horrid mess!!!

:laugh: Splurked my coffee....That is gold.

I dont have any other advice than what's already been given claireybell, sorry, the only time we had a poo and spew explosion was when we had floorboards....thank Dog!