How Have Your Dogs Embarrassed You

DobieMum

So, where was the control over the well trained dog?

Of course that's ideal, but I believe JulesP has border collies (?) which are bred to make very quick, independent decisions. And once they make that decision they can be gone before you know which way you're facing!

And often you don't know that something is an issue that needs training until it has happened. It's unfortunate that the people got a damp blanket but I bet Jules does a check for picnicers now :p

I hope so, because if Jules does indeed own Border Collies, they are a very intelligent breed, and really, it goes both ways. If her dog does what it does, then one can hardly be angry with someone whose dog comes running at full pace at another dog, without any mean intentions and that dog is called rude. That's all I was attempting to point out. It's 'funny' in this instance, and rude in others. As for the picnickers they probably shouldn't have been where they and probably unaware of the off leash area.

This really is just meant to be a light-hearted thread about embarrassing things people dogs do. The whole point is that the dogs have obviously done something that isn't exactly a desirable behaviour, thus the embarrassment.

Jules P was too busy standing with her mouth open in shock to bother calling back her extremely well trained dog. She was just super grateful that she hadn't gone there from dog school and therefore wasn't wearing her bright red instructors jumper! Now that would have been very embarrassing.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, where was the control over the well trained dog?

Of course that's ideal, but I believe JulesP has border collies (?) which are bred to make very quick, independent decisions. And once they make that decision they can be gone before you know which way you're facing!

And often you don't know that something is an issue that needs training until it has happened. It's unfortunate that the people got a damp blanket but I bet Jules does a check for picnicers now :p

I hope so, because if Jules does indeed own Border Collies, they are a very intelligent breed, and really, it goes both ways. If her dog does what it does, then one can hardly be angry with someone whose dog comes running at full pace at another dog, without any mean intentions and that dog is called rude. That's all I was attempting to point out. It's 'funny' in this instance, and rude in others. As for the picnickers they probably shouldn't have been where they and probably unaware of the off leash area.

This really is just meant to be a light-hearted thread about embarrassing things people dogs do. The whole point is that the dogs have obviously done something that isn't exactly a desirable behaviour, thus the embarrassment.

Jules P was too busy standing with her mouth open in shock to bother calling back her extremely well trained dog. She was just super grateful that she hadn't gone there from dog school and therefore wasn't wearing her bright red instructors jumper! Now that would have been very embarrassing.

I can understand how you were gobsmacked :D

I live in jeans/shorts etc so Miss Molly is not accustomed to being up close and personal with people wearing skirts/dresses. At the park one day a young lady had on a t-shirt mini dress....guess whose dog had to go and put her whole head up her dress to have a look :eek: I was sooooooooo embarrassed but thankfully the lady had a laugh :laugh:

Edited by bianca.a

Sprocket, my first rescue dog (RIP) was a tennis ball fanatic, and her chewing style was rich in the slobber department. Most people weren't impressed with her accuracy when she placed the ball in their gin and tonic.

She did this several times, to different people. I confess to finding it funny . . .and worth the cost of replacing a drink.

Edited by sandgrubber

Love all the stories :thumbsup: My Benny is the worst for doing embarrasing things.

Not long ago we were running a bit late for an agility trial, so my Mum helped me bring Benny from the car to the gazebo while I was getting more things from the car. I was walking past a tent on my way to our gazebo, stopped to say hi and they mentioned that someone's dog had just peed on their tent, I sympathised and said that people really need to be more careful with their boy dogs. Got to the gazebo and it occured to me that my Mum had just walked one of my boys past their tent and sure enough it was my own dog that had done it! :o

One time at a dog beach Benny followed his nose right up to someones fishing gear and ate a bunch of the fish bait :o thankfully the guy had plenty of bait left, was so embarrased tho :o

Recently at an agility trial I thought Raffy might be a bit sore, there was a dog massage stall at the trial, so he had a nice massage. He enjoyed it a bit too much and kept humping and being silly :o I was so embarrased, especially since it was totally out of character for him.

Just so noone thinks embarrasing stories are only for the boys... Anna let off some very smelly anal gland stink one time when I was introducing her to visitors :o We had to clear the room after that.

:rofl:

I have had raz pee on pple by accident (through his poor aiming skills) also he likes to kick up the dirt after a pee and 2 days ago i was at the dog park and he kicked up the dirt all over 3 pple sitting on one of the park benches :o:laugh: what can you do buy laugh :shrug:

Perhaps we should all take a moment to be thankful our doggy embarrassments haven't gone viral on youtube!

:rofl:

:rofl: I'm off to youtube to find more!

My dog doesn't do anything embarrassing per say - I do get weird looks (from men mostly) when they see her walking down the street with a topknot but that is more my fault than hers.

My parents dogs used to (when they were younger) hump each others heads in front of guests - both are girls.

K

Some good laughs in this thread.

I remember when Jasper the weimaraner (avatar) was much younger, and we were at a large park. Three girls, probably about 10-11, were about 40 meters away having fun, and one of them goes and shows the other two that she can do the splits. Well Jasper decides to run right up behind her, and put his nose right down in there between her legs for a smell. The girl let out an almighty reactionary scream, until she realised it was a dog. Her two friends thought it was the funniest thing they had ever seen. Although I was quite embarrassed, even I couldn't help but laugh.

Edited by Sin

Morty was only about 5mths old when I ducked into the lane to bring the garbage bin back in - little bugger slipped out the gate behind me and went running down the lane... I chased him calling him, hes a puppy so completely ignoring me just loving the opportunity to run run run! unfortunatly what I realise it that he is running with a pair of my undies in his mouth (I had been getting the washing off the line before bringing in the bin) flapping about in the breeze

Next thing he disappears into a neighbours back yard through their open gate, I get there to find him sitting on the ground giving a pair of my undies to my neighbour who was laughing so very loudly giving Morty lots and lots of pats

I bundled the monster up, took the undies back and fled back to my house, I could hear the neighbour laughing all the way on my way back ....

little sh%t that he was!

Morty was only about 5mths old when I ducked into the lane to bring the garbage bin back in - little bugger slipped out the gate behind me and went running down the lane... I chased him calling him, hes a puppy so completely ignoring me just loving the opportunity to run run run! unfortunatly what I realise it that he is running with a pair of my undies in his mouth (I had been getting the washing off the line before bringing in the bin) flapping about in the breeze

Next thing he disappears into a neighbours back yard through their open gate, I get there to find him sitting on the ground giving a pair of my undies to my neighbour who was laughing so very loudly giving Morty lots and lots of pats

I bundled the monster up, took the undies back and fled back to my house, I could hear the neighbour laughing all the way on my way back ....

little sh%t that he was!

Oh yeah what is it about dogs and undies?? My little chinese crested MoJo used to go into my daughters room or my room and bring out undies, bras and socks, then leave them scattered around the lounge room. Only embarrassing if we happened to get visitors and I hadn't picked them up...other wise it's just funny.

:rofl: So many great stories.

My boy has managed to refrain from embarrassing me publicly (so far).

This post reminded me of when my sister had been selected as part of dog club to be part of an obedience display in the centre ring at the EKKA. She was so chuffed we'd both always love watching the dogs doing obedience and agility as kids. To help out I volunteered to take some photos while they were doing the display. All was going well until the recall, now admittedly our dog did have a habit of over enthusiasm and overshooting the stopping point. So I'm watching snapping off photos the "come" command was given and I'm think oh no she is running way to fast, the next thing I remember is the look of horror on my sisters face :eek: as our dog races straight past her to me (I was a good distance away) gives me enthusiastic kisses before trotting back casually to take up her position siting in front of my sister like nothing happened. The crowd was in hysterics as was I, my sister less so, she did find it a lot more amusing once the display way finished. Our girl pranced off so proud of herself, she is alway one to steal the show :laugh: .

My sister in-law share a story which I also thought was pretty amusing. Her and her husband were at a dog event day, while her husband was elsewhere she was with her dog chatting some people from a dog training group. Her husband was on his way back to them when their boy spots him, daddy has been away for 5 minutes so of course he proceeds to leap on the table full of pens, pamphlets and forms in an effort to greet him sending everything flying :o . Not sure if they offered her a free class ;) .