snake catcher

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stick to watching from this end of the net

I am curious ,do Goannas eat snakes ?

They love snakes,

snake eggs and pretty much anything else that fits in their mouth.

Gotta love goannas.

BP, once again you have made me laugh.

As I read your tale of mutual fear and terror I could also picture it, very funny

I have just come home from rescuing a poor snake from a terrified couple and tonight i amm going to Prahan RSL for the victorian reptile groups (or VHS) AGM..

All welcome btw,,,starts at 7pm

Really I didn't want to hurt him that was my main objective, then embarrassing human fear took hold (it was the first snake I'd ever seen IRL), I hate to be so girly :rofl: .

Latest laugh here recently.

Two tough tradies afraid to go near their timber pile because of....

One 25cn Green Tree snake.

And my DH trying to save them with a half brick in hand.

Dunno what he thought he was going to do. :shrug:

He knows that if we just go away for a while, the snake will move out.

We've had some awesome tree snakes around here. :)

Kasie was eventually trained to leave them alone and would just bark at them to tell us they were there.

Can I ask what is it about a blue tongue that makes people think its a snake? do they not even look at it and see its short with legs?

Funnily enough, I've just spent the last few hours over a blue tongue in my yard. Believe me, when it's hiding in a hole with only its head visible, it looks like a snake. I called the rangers and the RSPCA and neither would come out to remove it as it wasn't injured (apparently not injured as I couldn't tell, it being in my rockery) despite me saying that it wouldn't be able to get out of my yard unless it was very lucky to find its way out the same way it got in and that I had two dogs. Eventually, it came out of the hole and tried really hard to get up my colourbond fence. Eventually, someone who had reptile experience came and got it and said they'd release it into bush but what was I supposed to do? Just hope that it went away and let the dogs out?

The snake at the aifield was a tiger snake like this one

That i was called out to this morning at Cape Shank here in Victoria.

Sorry, but this snake made me laugh....

He seems to be going straight ahead with his body when released, to move away, though has his head turned as if to say "Im keepin an eye on you"

I know snakes have poor vision, it is just my wicked sense of humour.

No sightings of snakes recently here that goodness. Touch wood & fingers crossed.

This poor tiger hadnt had a drink for a few months and was a bit sickly when I got there.

It was so happy to be out of the house after being trapped in there for a few months.

Had they been living with it in there house for a few months?