My Dog Is A Dork Because......

kitkatswing

At about 3am this morning, I woke up to Maui making noises, not exactly barking, but definitly "wake up mum and dad" noises...

So we wake up, he is sitting at the end of the bed, he wouldnt come to us though so we turned the light on.

Turns out the dork had gotten underneath the doona and in the process of getting out got his head stuck through the end of the doona cover (where it buttons up)... He couldnt move..

So in between laughing at him I undid the button and released him from captivity, he was not pleased we were laughing at him...

This is the second time he has done it, once before when he was a wee pup!

We laugh at Milo, when he and Piper get going, they go round and round one particular plant. They have actually worn it down to the point the roots are starting to show through, but we are moving so its not going to be an issue. However, as funny as that is, its when he peels off from the round-and-round that he is a dork, everytime he runs into the pole of the verandah!!!! Its gotten to the point we sit there going 'wait for it......"bang" ....there it is". At least teh new place is 5 acres so he should be able to miss the posts!!!!

Edited by piperspal

I just went to yell at my dogs for barking at the fence, there were 3 dogs barking with their noses pressed to the fence and my Jester (basset) turned 180 barking into the yard. I don't know if he is a dork or just clueless. :o

Hazel fell off her bed the other night.. considering it is just a big fluffy dog bed that is on the ground it wasn't much of a fall. The part that woke me up and laughing was that her back legs got tangled and on the polished floor boards she couldn't untangle herself and stand up and was just pushing herself with her front legs along the bedroom floor. Even my other dog Sweep got up and went over to her wondering what was going on. Typical Greyhound :laugh:

When I was digging through the vege patch last weekend I found a flat metal cutout in the shape of a cat. I guess it was from previous owners intended to scare away birds. I just picked it up and stuck it against the fence. Well, Hunter spotted it and began with a deep growl which progressed into a protective bark. I picked it up and showed him it was just a flat bit of metal but turning it over he went off again. I was in fits of laughter :rofl:

Yet to see if it will work on the birds!

When I was digging through the vege patch last weekend I found a flat metal cutout in the shape of a cat. I guess it was from previous owners intended to scare away birds. I just picked it up and stuck it against the fence. Well, Hunter spotted it and began with a deep growl which progressed into a protective bark. I picked it up and showed him it was just a flat bit of metal but turning it over he went off again. I was in fits of laughter :rofl:

Yet to see if it will work on the birds!

I used to work in the pest animal world and did a lot of public education days. One afternoon I brought home a rather convincing looking stuffed dingo (a taxidermied one not a toy one). My big tough Great Dane Cross came bounding out of the house to see me as she does every afternoon. She was bouncing in circles around the car being a big kid until i opened the back of the ute and she saw the dingo. She stopped in her tracks, air scented, sniffed the dingo, put her tail between her legs and bolted inside and onto the bed!!!!! I managed to coax her outside later on and she stood at the side of the house looking around the corner, hackles up shaking and too scared to go round the corner. When i walked over and picked up the stuffed dog she ran back inside again. Such a brave girl she is.. I also note she will hold on until she is bursting rather than go outside in the rain. She will however beat up the BC's at home if left alone with them.

Edited by Bull Arab

I left the green shopping bags on top of Petey's crate. I woke up in the morning to an awful racket. I came down and found that he'd tried to pull them through the bars to chew them up and somehow got his head stuck in one of the handles. DORK!!

They say poodles are smart but sometimes they can be dumb.

My sister gave me an old answering machine. I plugged it in & it had the message pre recorded in a mans voice with an american accent. As it boomed out in my kitchen the 5 dogs started barking & looking for the man. In fits of giggles I switched it off, put it on the floor & sat next to it. I got all the dogs to come sit in a circle to show them & switched it back on. They flew around the house barking & looking for the man again. Dorks.