Where Is The Best Dog Friendly Place To Live With A Beach

seeana

Hi Annes,

if you don't mind me asking, where abouts is this dog park exactly as we holiday at the local caravan park at least twice a year there with my 2 BC's

& didn't know this place existed. Look's great & a lease-free opposite, sounds like the place to go. My 2 would love to run around there. Does it get very busy in the park?

Are most of the other dogs O.K. there as my 2 are softies & freak out when there is trouble, & so do I LOL. Feel free to pm if you wish & thanks in advance for the info. :)

Not trying to hijack your thread Seanna, just interested.

Hi Annes,

if you don't mind me asking, where abouts is this dog park exactly as we holiday at the local caravan park at least twice a year there with my 2 BC's

& didn't know this place existed. Look's great & a lease-free opposite, sounds like the place to go. My 2 would love to run around there. Does it get very busy in the park?

Are most of the other dogs O.K. there as my 2 are softies & freak out when there is trouble, & so do I LOL. Feel free to pm if you wish & thanks in advance for the info. :)

Kiama. Affordable housing. Beaches, ocean and river together. 8 different coastal leash free areas. Some areas are time restricted whilst others aren't.

See here:

www.kiama.nsw.gov.au/environment-services/pdf/Rangers/Dog-Off-Leash-brochure.pdf

Hi Annes,

Is this it? http://www.offleash.com.au/content/beach-street-reserve?backurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.offleash.com.au%2Fsearch%2Fresults%3Faddress%3DTuncurry%26radius%3D5

Cheers

Greg

Oh yes Greg, thanks for that :)

Yes Greg thats the one northern end of Tuncurry Beach you go to the car park across the road and the leash free beach is there, I have never had a problem there with other dogs.

Thank's so much for that info Anne.I am always wary in new areas, especially leash-free. Going up there again end of Jan 2012 for 3 weeks, you never know our paths may cross. Small world really. Can't miss us, 2 B & W BC's. :D

Edited by BC Crazy

Yorke Peninsula, SA... I know it's not where you specified, but it IS beautiful, friendly, has land available near or on the beach and has GREAT beaches.

post-9713-0-99427200-1323686597_thumb.jpg post-9713-0-72121300-1323686245_thumb.jpg

South Beach, Port Hughes

post-9713-0-72325500-1323686315_thumb.jpg post-9713-0-97801300-1323686341_thumb.jpg

Chinamen Wells

edit to add:

tick free, low rate of heartworm

no times for free running on our beaches (Copper Coast Council)

do have a 2 dog limit in town / 3 dogs out of town limits

land/house available near and on the beach

some transience in our community but not what I'd call a high crime rate

lower socio-economic, but many retirees and decent shopping facilities

What a beautiful spot. Looking at doing some traveling. I have penciled York Peninsula in as a must stop & stay. :)

Thanks for the great info everyone..... I know it will help with our dream of being able to just being able to walk along the beach (doggy bags in pocket) watching the dogs having a ball.... as this is thier idea of heaven.:D

We live about ten mins from a beach here in Goolwa. Ideal for dogs, but not so safe in the sand dunes because of snakes in the Summer.

There is offleash times you can take them there, but we keep on leashes all the time when out and about. Its very quiet along our beach generally unless during some holiday periods (and then its really not that busy). Theres only horses (being exercised) to compete with at times, but thats usually very early in the mornings.

There's other beaches close by too, some more isolated than others and better for dogs.

I love the town we live in, very friendly and about hour and half from Adelaide..

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

Thanks for the great info everyone..... I know it will help with our dream of being able to just being able to walk along the beach (doggy bags in pocket) watching the dogs having a ball.... as this is thier idea of heaven.:D

It was definately Sasha and my dream too LOL. She loved being there last week in Tomakin. Its great cause the house we stay at is only 2 mins walk from the beach and there is a lovely cafe on the way to the beach too.

Good luck though with your search, sounds like there are some great places out there. I might try exploring the other off leash areas near Tomakin that people have mentioned here like Broulee.

• 3 weeks later...

We live about ten mins from a beach here in Goolwa. Ideal for dogs, but not so safe in the sand dunes because of snakes in the Summer.

There is offleash times you can take them there, but we keep on leashes all the time when out and about. Its very quiet along our beach generally unless during some holiday periods (and then its really not that busy). Theres only horses (being exercised) to compete with at times, but thats usually very early in the mornings.

There's other beaches close by too, some more isolated than others and better for dogs.

I love the town we live in, very friendly and about hour and half from Adelaide..

Thank you for your reply..... we are coming up there mid Jan for a holiday as my partners daughter lives at Goolwa,we are renting a dog friendly house for a week on hindmarsh Island.

Could you tell me if there is any problems with ticks there as we might have to get some protection for our two Goldens. It sounds reallygood about the beaches ,will steer clear of the dunes

though.

Our dogs are very well behaved off leash so if we go to the beaches before 10am so they can run free for a while we should be fine.

Looking forward to the holiday although not the Road trip lol.

Narooma (Dalmeny,Kianga) approx 45 mins south of Batemans Bay is very nice :thumbsup: I live here and no dog number laws and off lead beaches. We do have paralysis ticks though but provided you frontline/advantix etc and check your pets daily they should be fine :D I have lived here most of my life and in that time only 1 of my dogs has had tick paralysis (he was on frontline) but he survived. (we have great vets (narooma) and vet nurses lol (I am a vet nurse).

ETA There is also a dog Obedience and Agility club in Narooma on saturdays :)

here are a few pix

This is dewsburys beach between kianga and dalmeny

029-2.jpg

020-1.jpg

001-6.jpg

Edited by sheree_e4

• 2 weeks later...

A timely warning to those holidaying on the South Coast of NSW to make sure you can recognise symptoms of paralysis tick bites in your pets. Two local dogs have died in just the last week. If you are unsure, please talk to your vet.

There are many off leash dog beaches in Eurobodalla Shire on the NSW south coast. Broulee beach as mentioned earlier is a popular spot. In winter when the tourists go home you can have the beach to yourself! There are many wonderful off leash beaches in our area.

This year is particulary bad for ticks with the local vet having approx 69 cases in December.Checking your cats and dogs daily becomes a habit, especially in a wetter than normal summer.

Well, its not regional but Altona in Melbourne has a dedicated off leash dog beach all year round that is perfect for dogs - shallow sand flats with warm water pools, and no waves. Its also huge so good for running, and never too crowded. Its Burns Reserve in Seaholme. The human beach is across around the corner.