Pedigree Papers (incorrect)

Talien

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can send your dog to NZ and then when you bring it back into Australia you can add your prefix onto the end.

So Yourprefix Dogs Name at Myprefix, when you bred the dog, and I own it.

I have had the name Double Dutch rejected because Dutch is a kennel prefix. I've had Power Of One rejected because of the ONE, yet I see a lot of other dogs with numbers in their names. I think it comes down to the whim of the person doing the paperwork on the day sometimes!

You can send your dog to NZ and then when you bring it back into Australia you can add your prefix onto the end.

So Yourprefix Dogs Name at Myprefix, when you bred the dog, and I own it.

I have had the name Double Dutch rejected because Dutch is a kennel prefix. I've had Power Of One rejected because of the ONE, yet I see a lot of other dogs with numbers in their names. I think it comes down to the whim of the person doing the paperwork on the day sometimes!

There is a Bedlington Terrier with the name Power of One. I was just admiring it on the breed pages. How weird that you couldn't have that name.

My first dog came named,

My second was an adult so definately named,

My third I had a list to choose from and got the one I picked :) and Gayle she was "Prefix" D Heaven Sent. In the same breed at at the time was a black and tan bitch (as was mine) who was bred in another state and only a few months different in age who was called "prefix" Sent From Heaven.

My fourth was named when I got her

My fifth was named but was named by his original buyer at 8 weeks - I got him at 8 months

My babies will be named within a theme, I may ask for help within that theme from propective owners though :)

I find the way it is done in the UK quite sensible to be honest - it means that when I'm looking at pictures of a dog online I can see, at a glance, who it was bred by and who owns it. :thumbsup:

Yep, and if the litter was named for a theme, you'll know at a glance if you ever come across the dogs litter mates.

Just out of curiosity, how important is it to change the papers into the new owners name??

I got my girl at 6 months of age (she is now 12 months). I never even gave a second thought to change the details on her papers over to my name. The breeder never said anything! (but now that i'm looking at the papers, she has pre-signed the back ready for me to send off it would seem) I have no interest in showing and she can't be anyway because she has a severe underbite. I see it says late fees apply 60 days after transfer....so my question is, is there any need to change her over to my name? Is she was to ever become lost, her microchip and council rego are under my name..

When I worked in the pound. The biggest problem we had is not so much the pedigree papers, but the change of Microchip details. In many cases change of ownership was not done when the pup was sold, so when we scanned them, we would ring the breeder and say we have their dog in the pound. Sometimes we would be able to re-unite the owners, other times not and the dog was put down as we did not know who to contact.

Some times we ask for proof of ownership, as we have had people argue the dog is theirs. Correct "ownership" (as even with CCCQ rules, pedigree papers does not "proove" ownership as found out in another custody case I know of), it certainly helps narrow down the "most likely" owner when it comes to collecting a dog at a pound.

His name was going to be Gift of Artemis, but his name is just Artemas which means gift of, or, follower of, Artemis had to find a way around the fact that Artemis is female and my fluff ball is a boy :)

I thought he might have been named after St Artemas ..... But yes Artemis (or Diana) aka the Goddess of the Hunt is definately female :)

im surprised that you had input into your dogs registered name, both breeders of my boys chose their names (I just consider it falls under breeders rights lol ... They did all the work, they get to choose) and their registered names played no part in the names we gave them

Oh and the same for our cat too :)

I will pick a theme for a litter. I also invite suggestions and invitations from puppy buyers to input into the pedigree name. The only time I really had to say no was it was against ANKC naming conventions.

Helps me out.. I don't have to think of names all the time. Hard enough picking a theme sometimes.

I have been reading these posts.. I was under the impression the dog was (prefix) "gift of Artemus"..

Where did Artemus come into as being the prefix?

Did I miss something?

No, the discussion was around not being able to have Artemas as the registered name because there's a prefix owned by someone that's similar.

I find the way it is done in the UK quite sensible to be honest - it means that when I'm looking at pictures of a dog online I can see, at a glance, who it was bred by and who owns it. :thumbsup:

Yep, and if the litter was named for a theme, you'll know at a glance if you ever come across the dogs litter mates.

My breeder has a theme for each litter - it is good seeing them come up on show results around the country - you know which dog is from which litter and which ones are siblings and so on...

and then, when you come across a dog of the breed down the beach and they tell you its pedigree name, they get all excited when you can tell them that you've met the litter brothers and sisters and can tell them a bit about how they are going.

My mum used to do movies as her theme. She had Steel Magnolias, Midnight Cowboy, Ladyhawk, The Devil Wears Prada, etc.

One of mine if from a breeder who uses the word pink in all her kennel names. We were running out of options for good names with the word pink in them so settled on a song by the singer pink, he's "Get the party started".