Pulping Veg

I am wanting to pulp some veg/fruit for my dogs, I used a blender and it chopped it very very fine, is that pulped or do I need to do it for longer so it goes to nothing??

Throw an egg in the blender, shell and all and the fruit and veg will be reduced to a fine pulp. That's how I pulp fruit and vegs for the dogs. If it's still a bit chunky, add a little water or stock.

I am wanting to pulp some veg/fruit for my dogs, I used a blender and it chopped it very very fine, is that pulped or do I need to do it for longer so it goes to nothing??

Throw an egg in the blender, shell and all and the fruit and veg will be reduced to a fine pulp. That's how I pulp fruit and vegs for the dogs. If it's still a bit chunky, add a little water or stock.

I did that and I added in a touch of raw juice

I usually do mine in stages in the food processor...pumpkin with cabbage + unpasteurised ACV and a couple of peeled oranges, then sweet potato + cabbage + some bananas + cold pressed olive oil (Aldi have an Aussie one for $19.? for 4L), carrots + leaves/herbs/mustard/ginger/couple cloves garlic + eggs with their shells+ apples with no pips.

I mix each load until it is a colouful slop, if it isn't mixing well just pop in some water

Each load I tip in a bucket and mix it all up and put into some made-in-Australia- round-containers-in-a-little-netting-bag at Crazy Clark's.

Then freeze them.

If you don't have a food processor you could check out the garage sales (or dump shop) for a cheap one.

Mine $10 one is great even though I have to put the stone mortar in the lid to stop it flying off across the kitchen.

The finer the better.

Sort of OT :offtopic:

I have broken / burnt out a few food processors over the years doing the dogs vegies! :cry:

A few years back I went and purchased a Breville Juicer, it is the best thing and I wish I had of purchased one before that, it is so much quicker and easier for me. Only sometimes do I need to put the pulp back through the juicer, but mostly it is done well / fine on the first go and hardly any chopping up needed!!! :thumbsup: :D ;)

It saves me so much time!!!

I used my hand blender yesterday but bought a cheapie at Big W today, it was useless taking it back tomorrow!!

after you have returned it, go to a charity store that does sell electrical items and buy one, then buy some mangoes, peaches and chocolate with the money left over

Edited by Boronia

I have 4 Rotts that I do veges for. I was advised to buy a food processor with the motor on the outside not underneath as the motor takes longer to heat up. I do enough veges to last a month. Usually takes OH and myself about 2 hours from start to finish. I store it in icecream containers in the freezer.

I used a juicer for over twenty years to make my veggie mix. I used to mix some pulp with the juice to give it body, though I know the pulp has no nutritional value.

This year I changed over to Vets All Natural, it is less time consuming though a little more expensive. The dogs are doing great on it, & one in particular is much less prone to tying up; while another one of my dogs, who has pemphigus, looks fantastic & is having no skin issues at all. He is even able to tolerate small amounts of oil, which was not possible when I was making my own mix.

I made a couple of loads of homemade mince/vege/fruit patties in the food processor (or was it a blender? confused.gif) and then I spent double the time squeezing all the juice out of it so I could make it into patties to freeze! The whole thing was just slush! So I bought a juicer instead. Said juicer is still sitting brand new in its box :o One day I will get round to using it!!

Edited by RubyStar