Updated! Perth Dolers Beach Meet!

SparkyTansy

14 members have voted

1. 1. What date in January works for you?

• Sunday 1st January
    • Saturday 7th January
    • Sunday 8th January
    • Saturday 14th January
    • Sunday 15th January
    • Saturday 21st January
    • Sunday 22nd January
    • Saturday 28th January
    • Sunday 29th January
    • None of the Above
    • I won't be attending regardless of date
    • All of the above suit me
  2. 2. Location - What is your beach preference?

• Hillary's
    • Leighton Beach
    • South Beach
    • Kwinana Beach
    • Other - Please detail
    • i won't be attending
  3. 3. Time of day

• Early morning - 9am at the latest
    • Mid Morning - 10.30am at the latest
    • Midday
    • Mid afternoon - 2pm start
    • Late afternoon - 4-5pm start
    • None of the above - expand
    • I won't be attending

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to come, but I think Bruno is too OTT to inflict on laid-back dogs.

A rough-playing, 12 month old, entire male Boxer who LOVES other dogs and goes selectively deaf....Best I wait a while I think! :laugh:

Until we've done more Obedience and he's been desexed .....:o

A rough-playing, 12 month old, entire male Boxer who LOVES other dogs and goes selectively deaf....Best I wait a while I think! :laugh:

You pretty much just summed up my Bear. He has been desexed now though but that didn't make a difference. :D

You pretty much just summed up my Bear. He has been desexed now though but that didn't make a difference. :D

:laugh:

Bummer Tiggy, I was hoping desexing might have a slight calming effect, though my gut feeling is it won't. :o

Bear and Bruno would probably get along like a house on fire..... A play-bowing, zoomie-ing, body-slamming madhouse on fire! I don't think Bruno has worked out how to tone it down a notch (to play with small dogs) so I'm reluctant to bring him!

I would love to meet you too roadtripper Weasels, shall ponder substituting my boisterous boofer with something calm and well-behaved! :laugh:

If you don't want "packed" but still a beach, then Kwinana beach is fantastic. It is very easy parking, and very flat but fairly close to the parking. In terms of the water, early morning on a warm day with low wind is best - minimal breeze and a large shallow area before it gets deep makes it safe and calm for the little dogs.

I went for a look down at Kwinana one day, went to the beach closer to the naval base. Is Kwinana beach nicer than that? because it didnt look very inviting.

I would like to go pretty early if its on a weekend so there arnt a heap of people and we are not sitting there for hours in the heat of the day.

I might just bring monte, as stella is a bit too timid with bigger dogs and it would mean one less dog to clean up afterwards.

Edited by ncarter

I went for a look down at Kwinana one day, went to the beach closer to the naval base. Is Kwinana beach nicer than that? because it didnt look very inviting.

Did you go to the 'seaweed beach' further south towards Waikiki? There is a big variation in the quality of beaches, with Rockingham foreshore and safety bay being very narrow beaches, but there are much nicer ones in the area :) I haven't been to Kwinana beach myself yet, but I might check it out next week (wooo holidays!)

(E: quality also varies considerably depending on the time of year)

Edited by Weasels

Did you go to the 'seaweed beach' further south towards Waikiki? There is a big variation in the quality of beaches, with Rockingham foreshore and safety bay being very narrow beaches, but there are much nicer ones in the area :) I haven't been to Kwinana beach myself yet, but I might check it out next week (wooo holidays!)

(E: quality also varies considerably depending on the time of year)

yes, and time of day.

If I am thinking correctly, you might have gone to the beach further north? There are some very average beaches further up.

if you googlemap, the meeting spot/parking area for the beach I am talking about is right near Governor Road, on Rockingham Beach Road, just south of the Grain Terminal. Sure, it doesn't look that attractive surrounded by Kwinana's finest industrial monstrosities, but the beach itself has clear water and clean sand. the park has gazebos, bbqs and a toilet block and is well maintained.

If you've seen any of my photos with my girls at the beach that is the same beach.

photo-5.jpg

If I am thinking correctly, you might have gone to the beach further north? There are some very average beaches further up.

if you googlemap, the meeting spot/parking area for the beach I am talking about is right near Governor Road, on Rockingham Beach Road, just south of the Grain Terminal. Sure, it doesn't look that attractive surrounded by Kwinana's finest industrial monstrosities, but the beach itself has clear water and clean sand. the park has gazebos, bbqs and a toilet block and is well maintained.

If you've seen any of my photos with my girls at the beach that is the same beach.

yes thats right the one further north. The photo looks lovely!

Edited by ncarter

At this point in time, 8.30am Sunday the 8th works for me. Maybe even 8 am - gasp gasp I am suggesting an earlier time eek1.gif

(doesn't mean I will actually get there by then, but if I aim for 8am I might be there by 8.30 :rofl:)

The beach around that area I went to had dirty grey sand, but the water was nice. What is the sand like in that photo of yours, ST? Think I had the right beach!! confused.gif

Right - who can't do Sunday 8th January? Is a Sunday better?

8.30am until whenever it gets too hot?

im happy with that. Are we bringing food as well? will have to make my jelly slice. Would love to have a swim with your girls RS. Do they swim just for the fun of it or do you have to throw a ball out? monte will only get in the water if i chuck the ball out and ever then he will only wade not swim.

Edited by ncarter

You go to a different bit to me, I go to just the other side of the grain terminal, but not as far as Wells park, I park in the sandy car park where Kwinana beach rd joins rockingham beach rd, I didn't know that other bit was there! lol

http://g.co/maps/gxedp

At this point in time, 8.30am Sunday the 8th works for me. Maybe even 8 am - gasp gasp I am suggesting an earlier time

Who are you and what have you done with RubyStar????

The beach around that area I went to had dirty grey sand, but the water was nice. What is the sand like in that photo of yours, ST? Think I had the right beach!! confused.gif

Wasn't Cockburn beach was it? Apparently that one has bleak grey sand, I've never been there though just saw it on the Good Dog site once