Updated! Perth Dolers Beach Meet!

SparkyTansy

14 members have voted

1. 1. What date in January works for you?

• Sunday 1st January
    • Saturday 7th January
    • Sunday 8th January
    • Saturday 14th January
    • Sunday 15th January
    • Saturday 21st January
    • Sunday 22nd January
    • Saturday 28th January
    • Sunday 29th January
    • None of the Above
    • I won't be attending regardless of date
    • All of the above suit me
  2. 2. Location - What is your beach preference?

• Hillary's
    • Leighton Beach
    • South Beach
    • Kwinana Beach
    • Other - Please detail
    • i won't be attending
  3. 3. Time of day

• Early morning - 9am at the latest
    • Mid Morning - 10.30am at the latest
    • Midday
    • Mid afternoon - 2pm start
    • Late afternoon - 4-5pm start
    • None of the above - expand
    • I won't be attending

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zora's fav game is to outrun all the other dogs - last weekend at South Beach though she found a black and tan Pinscher that could outrun her :eek:

She will outrun Gibbs as he is slow and has no coords as he was not allowed to run as a young pup due to his injury!!

Much to Lulu's disgust Zora outruns her all the time - however Lulu has developed the element of surprise with Zora and likes to pounce on her when her back is turned or her attention is elsewhere!!

Dxenion unless people bring food and other things you won't have to stay at the pergola, and even if we do bring food, perhaps if there are enough of us we can all take it in turns to babysit the gear.

The foxdog always sees the appearance of a whippet as a challenge :laugh: She's very accustomed to being the fastest dog at the beach/park.

Just wondering if anyone is bringing an entire male? I suspect Weez has a bit of a fear of testosterone. He only shuts down and wants to go the other way, no agression. I haven't narrowed down if it's just teenagers yet either. It's no problem, I just sit with him until he relaxes, just curious :)

The foxdog always sees the appearance of a whippet as a challenge :laugh: She's very accustomed to being the fastest dog at the beach/park.

Just wondering if anyone is bringing an entire male? I suspect Weez has a bit of a fear of testosterone. He only shuts down and wants to go the other way, no agression. I haven't narrowed down if it's just teenagers yet either. It's no problem, I just sit with him until he relaxes, just curious :)

My Gibbs is entire but he is just a pup

Just wondering if anyone is bringing an entire male?

We'll be bringing a 14 month old assistance dog trainee. He'll have a blue vest on and wont be off lead but being around awesome dogs and wonderful DOL handlers will be a great experience for him.

He's entire.

Cool thanks Dxenion :) I'll just keep an extra eye on weez's body language near your lovely pooch. Like I said he's not reactive (not that I want to push him) - he had an entire teenager come up and sniff him twice today, he just did a lot of lip-licking and turning away, and eventually just skitted off to sit somewhere else :)

Does anyone have a nice long line I could borrow on Sunday, pretty please?

I'd like to bring Pippa, or better yet drag mum along so she can bring Pippa, but mum is a bit scared Pippa will swim and not turn around :laugh: or run off. Her recall isn't half bad for a little pup (teenage stage yet to hit!) and no idea if she will be interested in swimming, but a long line would make mum feel better.

Thanks in advance!

I keep a lunge lead in my car and RV made me a massive long line but possibly too long and may get caught around the other dogs. I also keep a pair of gloves in my car to prevent rope burn!!

given they live in my car you can have a look at them to use RS if you need to.

Ta guys. Should really invest in one as Pippa is likely to turn deaf as she approaches the terrible teens! At the moment with minimal distractions, she turns on a dime when we call her thumbsup1.gif Never had that before and gosh I love it :rofl: But I am under no illusions that it is here to stay, unless we keep working on it and up the distractions slowly, which is where the long line will come in handy :)

Edited by RubyStar

Has Pippa been to the beach before?

Dare I ask what Cabelas is....? :bolt:

ETA I did have a lovely Black Dog long line but it went AWOL, think it got stolen with a bag of dog stuff I used to have :(

Edited by amypie