Updated! Perth Dolers Beach Meet!

SparkyTansy

14 members have voted

1. 1. What date in January works for you?

• Sunday 1st January
    • Saturday 7th January
    • Sunday 8th January
    • Saturday 14th January
    • Sunday 15th January
    • Saturday 21st January
    • Sunday 22nd January
    • Saturday 28th January
    • Sunday 29th January
    • None of the Above
    • I won't be attending regardless of date
    • All of the above suit me
  2. 2. Location - What is your beach preference?

• Hillary's
    • Leighton Beach
    • South Beach
    • Kwinana Beach
    • Other - Please detail
    • i won't be attending
  3. 3. Time of day

• Early morning - 9am at the latest
    • Mid Morning - 10.30am at the latest
    • Midday
    • Mid afternoon - 2pm start
    • Late afternoon - 4-5pm start
    • None of the above - expand
    • I won't be attending

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so the final conclusion is that the beach meet is:

SUNDAY 8TH JANUARY 2012

Meet between 8am and 8.30am (or slightly later if you like!)

I can't figure out how to get the map onto DOL (I suck) so if you google Governor Road Rockingham Beach Road you will see the location of the carpark. It's easy to find, as there is a roundabout to turn into the car park.

If you are coming from the north, best way is as already said, Kwinana Fwy to Thomas Road (Right onto Thomas Road), all the way to the end, turn left onto Rockinham Road (turns into Patterson), right at Kwinana Beach Road (it is a set of lights to turn right). Take the turn on the left after the railway track (Which is still Kwinana beach road, and then will turn into rockingham beach road) and keep following it around (you'll go right around a bend, then left around another bend), then keep going straight and you'll go past the big blue grain terminal and come to a roundabout to turn right into a car park and you are THERE!! I've possibly made it sound more complicated than it is. Just so you know, it's about 20 minutes from my house, which is between armadale and Russell Road.

It's up to you if you want to bring food. There is a BBQ there, as well as plenty of shady pergolas... only thing is probably one person should stay up there with the stuff. Suggest bringing lots of water, bowls and favourite beach toys though!!

If anyone wants to, they can meet at my house at around 7.30-8am and can follow me and RV. Just PM me if you want.

AP - I see on the maps the Wells carpark - I always through that was a humans only beach!!! I took my nephew there once. The beach further down has a larger section of sand. I think between the Wells one and the Governor Road one, is a horse beach.

Edited by SparkyTansy

Cool Bananas :happydance:

Cheers ST and see you all there, forecast not looking toooo hot at the moment :D

For those of you who don't know my Louis, he is a fear aggressive dog, but his version of aggression is a few 'air' snaps if a dog gets too close, maybe a nip if the other dog persists. He has been doing well with other dogs off-lead at RV's place, so we'll see how he gets on.

Can I just ask if possible you can try not to let your dog persistantly get in his face. He prefers his own space and will avoid other dogs if he can. TIA :D

Thanks ST! I'll be there with Weez (the Foxdog is a bit grumpy with other dogs and if they are both together Weez just watches her the whole time anyway)

CC you almost certainly won't have any trouble with Weez, he is fairly aloof these days and will probably just sniff the ground and hang around looking for treats most of the time :) He has also been known to run away with his tail between his legs for far less from much smaller dogs!

I will just have Zora there CC so he will definitely get a chance to play with her again.

:thumbsup:

He has also been known to run away with his tail between his legs for far less from much smaller dogs!

lol, poor Weez :laugh:

I'm looking forward to putting some faces to people I haven't met before :)

Although I own one of the world's most sociable breeds, I have one who is a snob and much rathers the company of her toys. The other is more a social butterfly but surprisingly in groups of offlead dogs running together, she prefers to run and sniff and swim on her own. Mine shouldn't be any trouble for Louis, but if they try to be I will ensure they aren't (and if MG is there Ruby will probably just want to play with Gibbs if anything!)

Although I own one of the world's most sociable breeds, I have one who is a snob and much rathers the company of her toys. The other is more a social butterfly but surprisingly in groups of offlead dogs running together, she prefers to run and sniff and swim on her own. Mine shouldn't be any trouble for Louis, but if they try to be I will ensure they aren't (and if MG is there Ruby will probably just want to play with Gibbs if anything!)

:laugh: you could almost call her racist for choosing to play with a dog of her own colour :laugh:

She loves Mason too but I think seeing a Lab of her own colour takes it to a whole new level :rofl: or maybe it's just the allure of a big puppy to play with :p

Im worried about bringing Gibbs as he can be a pain and bother others into playing, may just bring Mason - or else i may keep Gibbs onlead he has no ears at the beach - but neither does Mason lol

Hi all,

I am thinking of coming - but if I do I will bring Duke - he is under instructions from Deb Nook to start swimming - I figure if I try this with you lot around, someone can give me advice, and someone will be there to pull us out of the water if required - I have NO idea if he can swim! (actually, I can't remember if I can either)

Kate gets to stay home this time, with Duke around, she plays bodyguard (pushes other dogs away, which is rather hilarious when the other dog is a great dane cross and she only comes up to its knees).

So let me just check - dog, leash, towels, water plus bowls, neck chain to hang car key from - anything else that should come along?

Im worried about bringing Gibbs as he can be a pain and bother others into playing, may just bring Mason - or else i may keep Gibbs onlead he has no ears at the beach - but neither does Mason lol

Please don't leave him at home on account of Louis, I want him to meet a range of dogs and there will be plenty of other dogs for Gibbs to play with, so I'm sure Louis won't get all his attention, besides I'm sure Louis will have his focus on Zora :love::laugh:

I'll volunteer to sit under the pergola with the gear. We'll be bringing a 14 month old assistance dog trainee. He'll have a blue vest on and wont be off lead but being around awesome dogs and wonderful DOL handlers will be a great experience for him.

I'll volunteer to sit under the pergola with the gear. We'll be bringing a 14 month old assistance dog trainee. He'll have a blue vest on and wont be off lead but being around awesome dogs and wonderful DOL handlers will be a great experience for him.

And he is a white Shepard right? :love:

I saw one of his videos at the beach earlier, stunning boy!! Can't wait to meet him :) Though I'm not sure it's necessary to sit under the pergola, don't think anyone is bringing anything that needs watching?

Please don't leave him at home on account of Louis, I want him to meet a range of dogs and there will be plenty of other dogs for Gibbs to play with, so I'm sure Louis won't get all his attention, besides I'm sure Louis will have his focus on Zora :love::laugh:

Lol Gibbs loved Zora when he met her too. I actually have no Idea what Gibbs will be like if a dog doesnt like him, i expect run a mile as he is a wimp!!