Updated! Perth Dolers Beach Meet!

SparkyTansy

14 members have voted

1. 1. What date in January works for you?

• Sunday 1st January
    • Saturday 7th January
    • Sunday 8th January
    • Saturday 14th January
    • Sunday 15th January
    • Saturday 21st January
    • Sunday 22nd January
    • Saturday 28th January
    • Sunday 29th January
    • None of the Above
    • I won't be attending regardless of date
    • All of the above suit me
  2. 2. Location - What is your beach preference?

• Hillary's
    • Leighton Beach
    • South Beach
    • Kwinana Beach
    • Other - Please detail
    • i won't be attending
  3. 3. Time of day

• Early morning - 9am at the latest
    • Mid Morning - 10.30am at the latest
    • Midday
    • Mid afternoon - 2pm start
    • Late afternoon - 4-5pm start
    • None of the above - expand
    • I won't be attending

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the whole, i'm happy with duke - no screaming or hysterics. Unfortunately, the small dogs did tick off all the boxes on 'self-propelled toys' which was not good, but we got him in the water (thank you Mason - he really was trying to play with you), and he was trying his best to be sociable with the larger dogs - too much so, he got really frustrated that they didn't pick up on the signals!

Thank you guys, it was a great (short) morning out!

Dxenion - anytime you want to swap your guy for Duke - just let me know! Loved him in the car park!

Louis was a champ CC! If you hadn't said anything beforehand I would've had no idea he was reactive :)

I am up for a beach trip at any point, i normally take them out to a nearby beach 4 times a week anyway :thumbsup: I actually think the Foxdog would be OK with that group, some dogs get a bit insistent when she is ignoring them to play fetch but all the dogs today seemed happy doing their own thing :) Also Weez is far less lost with her around, and I wouldn't have to keep running off in the middle of conversations to stop him being so OCD :laugh:

Louis was a champ CC! If you hadn't said anything beforehand I would've had no idea he was reactive :)

I am up for a beach trip at any point, i normally take them out to a nearby beach 4 times a week anyway :thumbsup: I actually think the Foxdog would be OK with that group, some dogs get a bit insistent when she is ignoring them to play fetch but all the dogs today seemed happy doing their own thing :) Also Weez is far less lost with her around, and I wouldn't have to keep running off in the middle of conversations to stop him being so OCD :laugh:

He cracked me up the way he stared at his ball :)

Thanks everyone for a great morning out :) Me and my girls had an absolute ball and my mum enjoyed coming with Pippa too and is talking about wanting to go again :thumbsup:

Louis was great, CC! I had a heart attack when Pippa ran up to him and got in his face but WOW, he was great! Would never have known he was reactive if you hadn't warned us :) Daisy was so cute. A bunch of dogs were sitting around me wanting a treat and Daisy was trying to get in on the action but was getting pushed out of the way. My mum took pity on her and gave her one - hope that was ok!

Millie has met her toy match in Lulu :rofl: She gave the toy up once, but the second time - NO chance! Both still holding on to it swimming to shore, and even once they emerged on the beach :rofl:

Looking forward to going back again, and maybe enjoying a BBQ after a morning dip. I'm pretty easy with dates, so whatever suits most others :)

To those who took pics, can't wait to see some! *wink wink nudge nudge* :rofl:

He cracked me up the way he stared at his ball :)

:laugh: He's a strange character that boy :p that's only the second time I've been able to get him to engage with a toy outside the house though, so I'm encouraging it because it will make agility so much easier if he'll work for a toy instead of food :thumbsup:

Nice to meet everyone again and the ladies i hadnt met before. What lovely dogs we all have. It was especially nice to see the young girls zora, lulu and pippa, great examples of their breeds. Mont enjoyed the ran, he has a bit of arthritis so it was nice for him to get a run on the soft sand. I will have to bring stella next time. Im trying to build her confidence up as she normally goes all submissive when she meets most dogs and she is a bit too attached to monte. She seems to love border collies and other papillons though so go figure.

Daisy was trying to get in on the action but was getting pushed out of the way. My mum took pity on her and gave her one - hope that was ok!

As my OH always says....Cockroaches and Daisy will survive the next nuclear holocaust :rofl: She is cute, but she is always on the scrounge :laugh:

Pics here :D

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/232249-perth-dolers-hit-the-beach/

Looking forward to seeing RV's as well :)

Pictures, yay! Off to go check them out shortly :D

Nick, yes I put sunscreen on Millie's nose before we left home and again in the car in the carpark before I let her out. She licks it all off though, so I spend about 30 seconds rubbing it in best I can before she licks it all off!

Can't believe Pippa, Lulu and Zora are all around the same age. They loved playing with each other and I think Pippa thinks Zora is her new best friend!

Weasel looked like a pure Kelpie to me :shrug: Wouldn't have picked him for a cross, but then again, I don't know a lot about Kelpies :)

I'm busy looking up beach stuff to buy. Today has spurred me on to go back more often. I want a beach shelter or umbrella, and something to float on in the water :laugh:

I had an awesome time everyone. It was great to meet some new Doler's as well as the ones I know and see all the dogs playing so well!

RS Zora loves little dogs so she had a blast with Pippa too! She then went back to ST's and her and Lulu played most of the afternoon!!

ncarter Zora is great for building confidence in dogs so if you being her to a meet Zora will bring her out of her shell.

ChristineX I can't believe how well Duke did! He is such a handsome boy, a bit disappointed I have no pictures of him :(

Was a really fantastic meet - all the dogs got along so well. Apologies for any feet/legs etc that Lulu stepped on or crashed into - she is a typical wei puppy and hasn't got full control of those long limbs!!

Dxenion was lovely to meet you. What a lovely boy you have also. It's the first time I've interacted with a WSS and I was not disappointed!!

RS will be interesting when Lulu loses her puppy passport, how Millie reacts to theft :laugh:

ncarter it was great to see you again and I hope you do bring down your girl next time.

ChristineX Duke did so amazingly well - I'm sorry Lulu made him a little nervous!

MG was so nice to finally meet Gibbs! Lulu was very excited she had a dog she could outrun, since she can never catch Zora. Now Gibbs just needs to learn the element of surprise like Lulu did, so that he can catch her!!

Looking forward to the next one! :)