Wide Indoor "fence" With Gate Needed

vickimills57

I want to section off a room so my puppy is contained in an area that is tiled and safe. The space from one wall to the other is 210 cm wide. I have looked at the baby gates but can't find one wide enough to fill this space. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to section off a room so my puppy is contained in an area that is tiled and safe. The space from one wall to the other is 210 cm wide. I have looked at the baby gates but can't find one wide enough to fill this space. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

I saw a pretty wide fence on Deals Direct last night. http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/97-171cm-freestanding-extendible-wooden-pet-barrier/

I have another idea instead of buying a gate.

I have several baby gates for my normal size doors, but my entry to the lounge area is too wide. I only need a temporary set up so instead of buying a wider baby gate I have used the panels from a puppy pen.

I put several panels together and then use furniture on either side to secure it in place. So on one side the fence is behind a canbinet and the other side I have use an otterman. It has worked for me :thumbsup:

When are are home I pull one of the panel connectors out and I have a gate.

The deals direct one is only 50cm high, I'd think most large breed pups would jump that with ease..

I've been looking around for one about 150cm wide. The only options I've found so far are to either buy a baby/pet gate plus multiple exensions (Big W has a nice tall one in theor pet section with extensions available, but it's pricey. Would work out to $200+ to cover the size we need) or to join two cheaper gates together (via extensions). Both options work out rather expensive though and perhaps not too sturdy either.

We've used 2 of the compost bins from Bunnings.

This is the inside set up for our nearly 5 week old puppies.

We still need to get something in between the panels that shuts it together and pups can't get over but mum can jump in and out.

post-1582-0-10486100-1324472911_thumb.jpg

post-1582-0-28029600-1324472982_thumb.jpg

Edited by hilaryo

We still need to get something in between the panels that shuts it together and pups can't get over but mum can jump in and out.

Thanks for this and especially for the photos. Cheers

I have 3 Bunnings compost cages! I've used them in all sorts of configurations to block off different areas in the house and even the yard. They're good for small breed puppies too because the gaps are small, they can sometimes fit though the bars in baby gates.

Great to hear! Can't wait for my little fella to arrive

I have an idea for you - which is what I did with a puppy pen. I cut one panel so it was high enough to keep puppies in but low enough for mum to jump out. I cut it about approx 1/3 length mark. I used the 1/3 size bit when the pups where little and when they got bigger used bigger bit. Also very handy for me stepping in/out of pen.

I bought a couple of puppy pens from Sams Warehouse, they are tall and worked wondefully.. They have now been recycled into a vege garden barrier to stopping a certain young dog from digging up my plants!

You can also join them together.

Edited by kitkatswing

I have cut a section out of one of the panels for Fern to jump in and out and have also used the front off the whelping box with the panels attached to it.

You can't have too many sets of the Bunnings compost panels, they come in very handy.

I have used them to block doorways, make a surround for the whelping box to create a den and to hold the heat lamp and to keep the little treasures in. They make great puppy pens and rabbit/chicken enclosures and a quick patch job for a broken fence panel and to fence off growing trees and veggie gardens. Have also cut one panel to make a trolley divider and water bowl holders secured to the trolley with collars and cable ties :thumbsup: .

Oh and apparently they are pretty good if you want to use them for compost :laugh: .

Edited by Andisa