Norwich Terriers

Trisven13

I've noticed that quite a few of my European Facebook friends who have Fauves also have Norwich Terriers. They're not a breed that I know a lot about but they sure are cute little orangey scruffers. So what are they like? Went looking for a Norwich Terrier thread in the breed info thingy but couldn't find them there.

Not helpful but now I have that song sung by the Norwich terrier owners in the movie Best in show stuck in my head... "Goooooood loves a terrieeeeeeeeeer"

Thanks for that...

:rofl: That's exactly what I thought of when I saw the topic.

For those who haven't seen it

Yep same here ! Catchy tune that one ... Unfortunately :laugh:

I've always thought the Norwich Terriers look a lot like an Aussie Terrier only with a shorter, more square-looking nose.

I met one at the local dog park and he was a gorgeous show boy (Rufus if memory serves). They're on my "want to own" list, however, they're very hard to find. There are few breeders, litters are small and the waiting lists enormous.

Their temperament seems very much like an Aussie Terrier too; very happy-go-lucky, determined and loveable!

• 3 weeks later...

We have a 4 years old Norwich (Bailey).

She is a very friendly dog, too friendly sometime.

We walk her almost daily. She will say hi to most people she meets.

For a small dog she can walk a fair distance.

Like most Norwich, Bailey is not a lap dog.

She either runs around or sleeps.

Like most terriers, she is stuborn. She is cute though.

Ooo Norwich terriers, gorgeous! Added to my desired breeds list after watching Best in Show! Aussie Terriers are on the list too and both were considered before I got Riley (Sheltie). I seem to be into Collie breeds now but if I get a terrier down the track it would be a Norwich or an Aussie :)

Apart from the ears, they are just like Norfolk Terriers :D

That's what I read too. One has erect ears - Nowich Terriers and one has folded ears, the Norfolk Terrier.

They both look like nice dogs.

They used to be one breed until they decided to split them into 2 breeds due to the ear carriage. There are a few other subtle differences.