I'm Not Sure If I Should Feel Shocked Or Just Stupid

So currently I am looking into getting another huksy as a playmate for my girl. Instead of a puppy have been looking in shelters and rescues ect. I have a look on gumtree every now and then I know some rescue people post on there. So I saw someone had their husky on there as they were moving to WA and couldn't take her some young guy. He wanted $300 I should've moved on then but the ad said if can't find a home will go to pound so I got suckered in. After deciding she wasn't suitable for us I found another ad with a male husky same wording of ad same price so he is selling two of them. Anyway both are sold now but the worst of it is the dogs grew up together (not sure if related) have now been seperated and he has a litter from them with 7 pups and is selling them $1200 a pop!!! :mad Ad doesn't state anywhere if pups not sold will go to the pound!!

I am so shocked at this?!?!? But as I read more and more threads I am starting to find this is just usual crap from selfish people :eek:

Well I sent him an email giving him a piece of my mind :thumbsup: not sure if it will do anything though :(

So currently I am looking into getting another huksy as a playmate for my girl. Instead of a puppy have been looking in shelters and rescues ect. I have a look on gumtree every now and then I know some rescue people post on there. So I saw someone had their husky on there as they were moving to WA and couldn't take her some young guy. He wanted $300 I should've moved on then but the ad said if can't find a home will go to pound so I got suckered in. After deciding she wasn't suitable for us I found another ad with a male husky same wording of ad same price so he is selling two of them. Anyway both are sold now but the worst of it is the dogs grew up together (not sure if related) have now been seperated and he has a litter from them with 7 pups and is selling them $1200 a pop!!! :mad Ad doesn't state anywhere if pups not sold will go to the pound!!

I am so shocked at this?!?!? But as I read more and more threads I am starting to find this is just usual crap from selfish people :eek:

Well I sent him an email giving him a piece of my mind :thumbsup: not sure if it will do anything though :(

Meh, it'll make you feel better venting :thumbsup:

How's Coco doing?

Just a word of caution if you are looking to add an adult dog into the dynamics of you family, it can be tricky.

Coco is doing great :D Her PDA is fully closed off no more blood flow :thumbsup: Now it is just the long road to recovery. She has so much more energy it is amazing. Have to take her on a lead outside to go toilet otherwise she just runs around doing zoomies and won't come inside....she is only allowed light exercising currently no off leash stuff. I emailed the breeder updating on Coco and how well everything went and some photos but didn't here anything back :(

Yes I've been told adding an adult can be difficult. I would LOVE another puppy as many would :laugh: but I thought I should help out an older dog this time round. I am currently looking at fostering a cat, dog and child friendly husky with the option to adopt if it works out. Neither of my dogs are dominent and I had no trouble adding Coco in but she was a pup. Is having all 3 females an issue? I never even thought of that being an issue until reading up on it.

Try sending a message to k9angel here on DOL - she usually has lovely huskies in rescue. She is in Sydney, but she's also great for a chat about the breed and whether you should look at a male or female to fit into your current pack...

T.

I don't really understand the problem. Someone sold their dogs and are now selling puppies.

He sold his dogs for $300each as he was moving to WA otherwise as stated in his ad "Dog will end up at the pound". They grew up together now are seperated, even though it was only a short time. And he is selling their 7 pups for $1200each. Parents aren't registered or desexed, pups aren't registered, vaccinated or microchipped. Sorry I saw that as a problem :( get the dogs just to make money off of them then get rid of them. The dogs were only 18months.

Thankfully ads can be reported on gumtree. I would have done the same. Hearing what i have about the ad sounds pretty darn dodgy to me and typical of a BYB trying to rope in $$

I do however not necessarily completely agree all dogs that grow up together must be rehomed together. My GR Charlotte i got 4 years ago, both her and her litter brother were being rehomed. I only got her as i already had an existing dog and i couldnt have 3 goldies where i live. She settled in immediately, she was 2yrs old at the time. I do think many dogs do not cope once seperated but Charlotte had no problem being seperated from her brother and she did also have a lovely playmate. Had we not already had an existing dog i likely would have got her brother also.

Coco is doing great :D Her PDA is fully closed off no more blood flow :thumbsup: Now it is just the long road to recovery. She has so much more energy it is amazing. Have to take her on a lead outside to go toilet otherwise she just runs around doing zoomies and won't come inside....she is only allowed light exercising currently no off leash stuff. I emailed the breeder updating on Coco and how well everything went and some photos but didn't here anything back :(

Yes I've been told adding an adult can be difficult. I would LOVE another puppy as many would :laugh: but I thought I should help out an older dog this time round. I am currently looking at fostering a cat, dog and child friendly husky with the option to adopt if it works out. Neither of my dogs are dominent and I had no trouble adding Coco in but she was a pup. Is having all 3 females an issue? I never even thought of that being an issue until reading up on it.

So glad Coco is doing so well. Doesn't sound like the breeder is going to be much help re contributing to the expenses does it? Have you run the idea of the price of a puppy from the next litter towards Cocos treatment to her? I think that was a very good idea, especially as she was willing to replace Coco.

I personally had a very bad experience with a GSD I'd adopted many, many years ago. Long story short after what appeared to be a very happy co-existence for many weeks, it all went pear shaped when he grabbed my little Schipperke by the scruff and threw her cos she was rumaging around where, unknow to us he had buried a bone we had given him to chew in "Private bone time" and she found it. She was hurt, and I had a small child and what if he had been rumaging around? I couldn't risk it so he went back and the shelter said they would make sure he went to a one dog family. I don't think they screened as well as some do today.

Aso despite me having a number of entire Cavalier bitches who get along famously not all breeds can tolerate a number of females, even when desexed. There have been some threads highlighting the difficulties many have encountered, even when being introduced as a pup. Some mother and daughters have even killed each other.

Edited by LizT