Greyhound Missing In Fairfield Area (sydney)

A young black male Greyhound belonging to GAP NSW went missing from new foster home in Fairfield (Sydney)on evening of 27th Dec 2011. All attempts to locate him have failed so far. Dog is microchipped & identified. Has ear tattoos, but one ear tattoo indistinct. Any information - please call 02 9452 3446 or email [email protected]

When we lost our female Iggy from foster care, I rang loads of vets and all the pounds in the surrounding areas. We also put posters up and walked the streets in the surrounding area (it was terrible weather to be lost in, freezing and wet).

She was found 3 days later, not far from where she was lost, by a garbage truck - eating things she shouldn't! She was taken to the pound that I'd called the day before.

I hope that you are as lucky, quite often people have taken the dog in and don't want to ring a pound etc. Posters are really great.

Fingers crossed he is found soon, it's a terrible feeling.

We have phoned all the local vets, Rebury Farm Animal Shelter, other regional pounds, Fairfield Council, RSPCA, AWL, Greyhound Racing NSW, Greyhound Rescue. Have put up flyers around the area. Made announcements over the radio. Now trying to get a mention in the local paper, but they are closed until next week.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts & prayers.

Here's hoping the story in the local paper will bring you some information. He can't just have vanished - makes you wonder if some one has taken him in and decided to keep him without checking his microchip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...