Gazebo

dannyBC

I'm looking for a new Gazebo & don't care what it costs to get a really good one... Any ideas???? Would prefer 3m x 3m. Also one that doesn't take up too much room... I know big ask... Any thought would be great.

I love my one from Bunnings, same as the deluxe oztrail 3 x 3 for $159. And it has a little vent in the roof for those windy days.

Yep, friends of mine have this one - it is great. It also fits the oztrail walls for the delux - velcro in the exact same spots.

I love my one from Bunnings, same as the deluxe oztrail 3 x 3 for $159. And it has a little vent in the roof for those windy days.

Yep, friends of mine have this one - it is great. It also fits the oztrail walls for the delux - velcro in the exact same spots.

mine is often set up next to an oztrail deluxe and except for the vent, I have yet to find any differences. I put one up over the puppy yard six months ago and the only "problem" is the roof has faded.

We've been looking at these too! The mozzies have us and the dogs tortured this year, plus my OH is obsessed with BBQ's :rolleyes:

It would be great as another source of shade for the hounds too.

For those that have had them a while, do they last well? I worry that the weather will destroy them too quick!

Might have to go to Bunnings on the weekend :D

Hi Reb,

I am now looking at getting one of these as a lighter weight alternative to our heavy Altegra. I am unable to get it out of the float by myself and although it is wonderful for specialties and weekenders, I find I never want to set it up if I am alone or just staying for a few hrs. I end up sitting in the car, which is fine in winter, but in summer it is too hot.

I like the Deluxe Compact OzTrail 2.7 x 2.7 (not the short collapsing one, but the usual collapsing length), Blue Canopy. This one is $199 and the walls are around $36-$40 each, and there is no vent in the roof (which is why I am looking at the Bunnings one)

Is this the one that you say is similar to your Bunnings one. And is your Bunnings one called Marquee? OH went and had a look this morning. It was $159, vent in roof, Blue canopy and we have to order in the walls (individually sold) for $28

I am tossing up between the two, but really like the roof vent.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

We just brought the deluxe Oztrail one and the first time we used it my OH said this thing needs a vent in the roof to let the heat out.

It was cooler to sit outside the awning instead of under it, so for that reason alone the Bunnings ones sound good.

Hi Reb,

I am now looking at getting one of these as a lighter weight alternative to our heavy Altegra. I am unable to get it out of the float by myself and although it is wonderful for specialties and weekenders, I find I never want to set it up if I am alone or just staying for a few hrs. I end up sitting in the car, which is fine in winter, but in summer it is too hot.

I like the Deluxe Compact OzTrail 2.7 x 2.7 (not the short collapsing one, but the usual collapsing length), Blue Canopy. This one is $199 and the walls are around $36-$40 each, and there is no vent in the roof (which is why I am looking at the Bunnings one)

Is this the one that you say is similar to your Bunnings one. And is your Bunnings one called Marquee? OH went and had a look this morning. It was $159, vent in roof, Blue canopy and we have to order in the walls (individually sold) for $28

My Bunnings one is 3 x 3 and the oztrail walls fit it. It seems identical to the deluxe oztrail, not a compact. I can put it up by myself.

Hi Reb,

My Bunnings one is 3 x 3 and the oztrail walls fit it. It seems identical to the deluxe oztrail, not a compact. I can put it up by myself.

Thanks Reb, is yours a Marquee and is it Blue please?

The way you tie it down is also very important in keeping it stable and safe.

Do you mind telling me how best to tie it down please SwaY?

Last thing I want is the expensive gazebo in the middle of the road :eek:

You need bigger and longer pegs then those that come with it - sand pegs are great.

You also want to put the pegs in at an angle and not straight down.

The guy ropes seem to be an issue that no one can decide on - some like to pull out from each corner, others like to cross them over on two sides,

Some like to make them go into the middle.

Ask the place where you get it from for some tips.